Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Fitted Fiamma self adhesive drip stop, have used it before and it concentrates black streaks to the corners.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Does it do anything for those brown streaks you were on about Larry:LOL::LOL:

Looking good mate,
Regards to Winn & your goodself
Brian & Jo

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Do you fit these all the way down each side and at the back / front as my van it 8.5m in length so just trying to figure out how much i need, if all the way down then i can add up the the 2 sides plus back and front :)

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Do you fit these all the way down each side and at the back / front as my van it 8.5m in length so just trying to figure out how much i need, if all the way down then i can add up the the 2 sides plus back and front :)

Thanks

I put mine both sides and back , makes cleaning much easier.
Didn't put on front as wouldn't look right and little saving on streaks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That looks like a neat job Larry but when I tried to fit some over our front windows it started to curl up at the ends after it was fitted and I could never get it properly straight from the roll in the first place so I pulled it off and threw it away and custom made something from fibreglass.

Martin

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I put mine both sides and back , makes cleaning much easier.
Didn't put on front as wouldn't look right and little saving on streaks.
Thanks, going to need 3 lots then :) , how do you make it straight (forgive the ignorance).

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
That looks like a neat job Larry but when I tried to fit some over our front windows it started to curl up at the ends after it was fitted and I could never get it properly straight from the roll in the first place so I pulled it off and threw it away and custom made something from fibreglass.

Martin

I have had it unrolled and weighted at the ends on the landing for a couple of months , so far so good.
When I fitted the piece on the rear the ends curled so a spot of decent adhesive just at the ends has done the trick.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I have had it unrolled and weighted at the ends on the landing for a couple of months , so far so good.
When I fitted the piece on the rear the ends curled so a spot of decent adhesive just at the ends has done the trick.
Which adhesive did you use? want to get it right first time if i can :)

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks, going to need 3 lots then :) , how do you make it straight (forgive the ignorance).

See my post above , it needs laying straight for a while and be prepared to use adhesive at the ends should it curl.
I would also recommend using a coloured masking tape to get a straight line before applying. Coloured tape because in bright sunshine it's difficult to see when van, drip stop and tape are white.

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
just ordered some ----- thank you.
perfect for our Adria as the awning is secured at both ends and in the middle so lots of black streaks coming through the very small gaps.
and a bonus - they do it in grey

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Blimey that extra drag is going to reduce you MPG a bit, could take you down to the low teens....:);)

Never going to get 90 mpg like them VW thingies ;) any way I'm a straight dresser , none of that drag here :D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Larry

The pics in OP are presumably of the side without the awning.

On the side with the awning did you fit the strip below it? I think a lot of crud lurks behind the awning housing on mine, so below seems logical, but then the question is whether to match the height positions on both sides, otherwise one cannot position a strip on the rear to match both sides.

Your opinion please.

Geoff

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Larry

The pics in OP are presumably of the side without the awning.

On the side with the awning did you fit the strip below it? I think a lot of crud lurks behind the awning housing on mine, so below seems logical, but then the question is whether to match the height positions on both sides, otherwise one cannot position a strip on the rear to match both sides.

Your opinion please.

Geoff

I haven't fitted an awning yet, being considered due to payload but depends on awning length, rather than a full length drip stop might be worth a short length but emphasising the fall .

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have had to put two strips above the garage doors to stop them filling with water when standing in heavy rein. It hasn't rained since so I do not know if it worked but would vouch it would. I got fed up 'karchering' the garage floor to sop up the water and keeping everything off the floor or they got wet as well. It is a bit of bad design that does it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I have had to put two strips above the garage doors to stop them filling with water when standing in heavy rein. It hasn't rained since so I do not know if it worked but would vouch it would. I got fed up 'karchering' the garage floor to sop up the water and keeping everything off the floor or they got wet as well. It is a bit of bad design that does it.
Go and wash your mouth out .you know Hymers NEVER let in water anywhere if you read all the posts on here . Lol. Lol.

OP
OP
Larrynwin
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Surprising fault but the rain stop should cure it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back