LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Anyone one know if it's possible to access eBook file on a stupid iPad?

Downloaded an eBook and opened it in a reader, the reader I was using kept crashing so I deleted the app & downloaded Apple's eBook reader & of course it cannot find my book.
It's a Lonely Planet book I have one download left, don't want to risk it, I know you are supposed to be able to email book and open them from the email, I have the file on a PC but it's too big to email & can't be reduced any further.

I've tried iMazing that gives access to a lot more files than iTunes does, but still can't find the one I want.

Anyone have any ideas or will I have to Jailbreak it?

It's unbelievable that a company can produce a computer product that you can download files to, but your not allowed to know where they are even though you own the device, what a piece of junk.

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
I use the Kindle App on my Ipad and that seems to work for almost anything, when you download the file it should ask what you want to open it in ie, ibooks or kindle, choose Kindle. as far as I'm aware you can only read books that have been purchased through itunes when in ibooks.
Hope this helps

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I downloaded the mobi version as well another file that went into a black hole.

Anyone want to buy a doorstop in the shape of an iPad - good for bu**er all else.:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
what format is the book in epub, mobi etc as ibooks supports epub but kindle supports mobi, i use dropbox to transfer books across to the ipad and it usually gives you the option of which reader to open (assuming you have ibook, kindle, nook installed). otherwise you can email the file to your amazon kindle account.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I use the Kindle App on my Ipad and that seems to work for almost anything, when you download the file it should ask what you want to open it in ie, ibooks or kindle, choose Kindle. as far as I'm aware you can only read books that have been purchased through itunes when in ibooks.
Hope this helps

ibooks will read any compatible books you can use something like dropbox to transfer them to the ipad

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
what format is the book in epub, mobi etc as ibooks supports epub but kindle supports mobi, i use dropbox to transfer books across to the ipad and it usually gives you the option of which reader to open (assuming you have ibook, kindle, nook installed). otherwise you can email the file to your amazon kindle account.

If you do that you can't download from Dropbox only read online, that's if it's the same it handles videos.

I downloaded it in mobi for kindle & epub for iBook, both files have been downloaded but no way to access them. As far as I can see the only way to access the files is to jailbreak it.

Last edited:
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Lenny I use this method all the time to read stuff on the train where I wont have a connection. Once you you open the file from dropbox in either ibooks or Kindle they should stay in your respective libraries on your Ipad . You could also make the book in dropbox as a favourite to make offline, that works for both ebooks and video.

often using dropbox it will say couldnt load this file, this file type cant be viewed so you click on the book with the up arrow and select open in.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Lenny I use this method all the time to read stuff on the train where I wont have a connection. Once you you open the file from dropbox in either ibooks or Kindle they should stay in your respective libraries on your Ipad . You could also make the book in dropbox as a favourite to make offline, that works for both ebooks and video.

often using dropbox it will say couldnt load this file, this file type cant be viewed so you click on the book with the up arrow and select open in.

Thanks I'll try it, I would still like to know where the files I downloaded are just so I can delete them to free up memory.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I would assume that when you deleted the other reader app it also deleted the ebooks you downloaded otherwise they would be in the ibooks or kindle library. unlike Android IOS does not have any user accessible memory with all downloads like books, video etc in the relevant application libary.

You could also check to see if the books were backed up to your itunes account on a pc/mac

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I would assume that when you deleted the other reader app it also deleted the ebooks you downloaded otherwise they would be in the ibooks or kindle library. unlike Android IOS does not have any user accessible memory with all downloads like books, video etc in the relevant application libary.

You could also check to see if the books were backed up to your itunes account on a pc/mac
Thanks.

That's great, so you delete an app and it deletes anything that was use with, confirms my thinking it really is a piece of JUNK.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Brilliant thanks guys.
Downloaded Bluestar Reader & the book via Dropbox all sorted. Really like Bluestar Reader.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back