Another Genuine Easter Bunnie, oops, Newbie (1 Viewer)

fauvel

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
Cheltenham, Glos, UK
Funster No
MH
Boxer Hi-Top
Exp
none!
Hi All,

I have had my first campervan for three days now, a 1995 Boxer Autosleeper 2 litre petrol. I love the back, hate the front (radio bust, gears clunky, clutch heavy). I bought it as my sole vehicle and will drive it most days so my left arm and leg should be twice the size of my right one soon. Any tips on this vehicle or anything at all?

See you on the road.

fauvel (bloke)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome, with your love it hate it feelings i wonder how long it will be for you to announce a new toy, dont worry most people buy at least 3 before they find one they like all round.

Enjoy your travels and the forum, plenty of good advice on here for the asking

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. Why not come and join us at Carmarthen for the motorhome show and Fun Rally

Link Removed

there will be a lot of funsters there, most of whom you can meet in the chatroom there are a number of fun events taking place including a betrothal, 3 birthdays, a bike race and a scalping, A scalping I hear you say, well judge for yourself it seem a number of funsters are keen to get my head naked.

Link Removed

Wildmanfirelogo4-1.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Welcome Fauvel,

It sounds rather similar to my first van which was a Highwayman on a Talbot boxer base, it was a great way to start off with a motorhome, but I remember some epic struggles with the gear stick in that thing :ROFLMAO: as well as on one occasion grabbing the dog when trying to put the handbrake on as I wasn't used to it being on the right hand side :Blush:

You ask for tips........ Always keep a loo roll, some bottled water, some toiletries, a few packets and tins of food in the van along with at least one set of clothes so you are always ready to pull up and stop for a day or 2 on your travels.
If you are doing any long journeys you can stop anywhere you want to eat, snooze or just have a break knowing you have your own Cafe with you. Make the getting somewhere part of the fun, rather than trying to over do things.

You will have tons of suggestions from the funsters too

Enjoy your new hobby/obbsession :thumb:

Tina

marymary

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
hi Fauvel - I'm new too - got my new to me autosleeper clubman yesterday - its a 1993....been playing house since!! I love it!! I'm thinking of the Carmarthen meet too.....:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of motorhoming, enjoy. ::bigsmile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Welcome to the madhouse, fauvel. Motorhoming, folk music, classical music, cricket, man after my own heart, so watch out for the rest of the gang... I've even given you a wholly deserved thanks just for being here, bringing some culture into our dreary lives, and gladdening Jim's heart, while every trader north of, well, north of JohnsCross really, rubs his hands together with the idea of another customer....

Blast, mislaid my Larrouse, I know a fauve is a faun, what the hell's a fauvel???

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back