Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
No one is saying you (royal you) cannot use a gennie all we are saying is they should be used sparingly and with consideration for others. This seems eminently reasonable to me. :Smile:

and is it reasonable to keep the nose down when you are all in the tent and other people go to bed early

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I did not say I used it all the time

Dont think its about you being a rebel slobadoberbob.
(More an annoyance.)
Its about using a normal TV , lights and microwave when you needn't .

Also this "eurobox " has battery management.

Using it from 8.30 till 22.00 hours is excessive for anyone.

I did not say I use it all the time.. but if I want to use it between the allowed times I will.

A) I could not afford to run it all the time.. 4 kws are expensive to run.. and B) I have no desire to run it to cause annoyance to others.. but if you happen to walk by you cannot hear it one motor home away.. we have always checked the sound by going each way around the RV to check. That is why often RV are parked up together so we can use the genies with out causing an issue. At Lincoln we had a motor home club behind us that complained that to many RV's made a noise .. not from the genies, but laughing when together:Blush:

But then poor Bill (Landy Lover) who never causes trouble unlike Martin or myself had Motor Home Facts complain as his genny was on.. so he moved it to the other end of his 5ver to oblige... As I say I use it as I want and no amount of others protesting on here will change that right. I myself will decide if it is excessive not someone else that does not like them.

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
I know what it is like to be beside Byans genny in his trailite.. smelly nosy genny.. suffered it many an hour at Lincoln a couple years ago when i was beside him:Sad::Sad::Sad: My Onan (chassis built in Genny) micro lite 4 kw is quite compared to some stand alone Kipors I have heard.

Bob,

The genny of mine JIm refers to was a different one to the one you refer to.

When you parked next to me my genny was a 'chassis built in Genny - micro lite 4 kw' and was no noisier or smellier than any other.

Your genny is not that quiet, I know, I was parked next to you too.

To quote you directly "So as always.. if offended do not park beside me.. "

Regards
Bryan

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so would I ... but

No you are misquoting me. This thread is about gennies Personally I would be happy to see the tent closed at a reasonaBLE TIME.

So would I, but how many times has the noise been going on at 1 a.m. many, many shows.

even at Lincoln last year security came and moaned at us and that was not even 10 p.m if I recall.. must have been then as I went to bed just after that.. so I could not be running the genny later in any case.....

Bob:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
oh Bryan I had the venturi

Bob,

The genny of mine JIm refers to was a different one to the one you refer to.

When you parked next to me my genny was a 'chassis built in Genny - micro lite 4 kw' and was no noisier or smellier than any other.

Your genny is not that quiet, I know, I was parked next to you too.

To quote you directly "So as always.. if offended do not park beside me.. "

Regards
Bryan

But Bryan I had the venturi that took the exhaust up and away.. yours pumped in my direction.. not the noise I had an issue with but the smell:winky: Plus if you recall I even had a double lot of wind breaks around the rear near side of my RV where the genny is to deaden the sound even more.... I tried to be considerate to others.

I was confirming that even, us that own an RV do not always like the genies running.. so what is different between us and the europeans that just use solar and batteries?

May be it is they do not have one as big as ours:Blush: .. talking about the genny of course.

But as you say.. if offended do not park beside me... sums it up well.... perhaps we need some signs to that effect .. or as I said a meet within a meet... but normally as you know it is RV's that are parked together for size and the issues we are debating in this thread.

Bob:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
on the dark and gloomy days! its all them solar panals screaming out for energy that keeps me awake:roflmto:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Always good Genny Noise Threads:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Like I said in the opening post, gennies don't bother me (unless the're screamin over-loaded) But I just don't understand people that need to run them all day. If you do; you really should look at some better alternatives, running a gennie from 8am to 10pm just because you can, costs you a fortune and whichever way you look at it, is anti social. There are better ways, you can be a better neighbour:Smile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
does that mean JIM>>>>>>

Always good Genny Noise Threads:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Like I said in the opening post, gennies don't bother me (unless the're screamin over-loaded) But I just don't understand people that need to run them all day. If you do; you really should look at some better alternatives, running a gennie from 8am to 10pm just because you can, costs you a fortune and whichever way you look at it, is anti social. There are better ways, you can be a better neighbour:Smile:

Does that mean JIM I am not next to the dung heap this year at Malvern? considering your neighbour bit:Sad:

Bob:Blush:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
No you are misquoting me. This thread is about gennies Personally I would be happy to see the tent closed at a reasonaBLE TIME.

well when you book some where ask them if they alow generators and if they do dont book then you wont get up set

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Does that mean JIM I am not next to the dung heap this year at Malvern? considering your neighbour bit:Sad:

YOU saved the space next to the Horse dung for Landy Lover::bigsmile: I recall M'Lud your precise words. "Bill won't mind he's used to the smell of manure"

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just so there is no further misunderstanding.
My position is before I do anything I consider how it will affect those around me. This I (we) apply even more so when in the motorhome due to the proximity of people around me.:thumb:

One of the reasons we are moving to France is that the area we are moving to still has manners and consideration for others which in England has almost died out. :cry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
trust hissing sid ... grass

YOU saved the space next to the Horse dung for Landy Lover::bigsmile: I recall M'Lud your precise words. "Bill won't mind he's used to the smell of manure"

Trust hissing sid (JIM) ....grass:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I cannot lie, I did say that.. but his 5ver did not really block out the smell.. I was just the other side of him.. made me sing off key if you recall.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Re: Generator use.

Some have said that whilst 'Camper A' has the right to run his genny, 'Camper B' has the right to camp in peace & quiet.

But it's not about 'rights', no-one has the 'right' to peace and quiet, do they?
Camper A is 'permitted' to run his generator, sure, and Camper B is 'permitted' to enjoy peace and quiet (and I'm sure Camper A would like peace and quiet to, but no-one has the 'right' to it.)

The problem is that what Camper A does can be annoying, whilst what Camper B wants is hardly likely to annoy anyone.

Motorhome shows and campsites have rules about running generators. Everyone who camps there agrees to abide by the rules. As long as Camper A follows the rules, Camper B - whilst being upset - doesn't really have any cause to complain. If Camper B REALLY thinks things need to change then approach the show organisers and campsite owners and ask them to change their rules.

"Unstoppable force meets immovable object" I'm afraid. :Smile:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
My position is before I do anything I consider how it will affect those around me. This I (we) apply even more so when in the motorhome due to the proximity of people around me.:thumb:

One of the reasons we are moving to France is that the area we are moving to still has manners and consideration for others which in England has almost died out. :cry:

am going to France and am taking my generator you will no its me as it will be running

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
profound Bryan

Re: Generator use.

Some have said that whilst 'Camper A' has the right to run his genny, 'Camper B' has the right to camp in peace & quiet.

But it's not about 'rights', no-one has the 'right' to peace and quiet, do they?
Camper A is 'permitted' to run his generator, sure, and Camper B is 'permitted' to enjoy peace and quiet (and I'm sure Camper A would like peace and quiet to, but no-one has the 'right' to it.)

The problem is that what Camper A does can be annoying, whilst what Camper B wants is hardly likely to annoy anyone.

Motorhome shows and campsites have rules about running generators. Everyone who camps there agrees to abide by the rules. As long as Camper A follows the rules, Camper B - whilst being upset - doesn't really have any cause to complain. If Camper B REALLY thinks things need to change then approach the show organisers and campsite owners and ask them to change their rules.

"Unstoppable force meets immovable object" I'm afraid. :Smile:

had to read that twice Bryan.. very profound...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK what is the real reason for bailing out on the UK

OK what is the real reason you are bailing out on the UK... cheaper plonk, warmer summers, cheaper living, less tax to pay:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
i think in your case thers only one rule and thats youre rule am ok jack

Bob as a lawer you should know not to make assumptions. (based on yourself)?

Yosser since when is having consideration for others a "rule"?

I will bow out now as the thread is becoming stupid.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is a debate.. nothing more

It is a debate, nothing more.. you cannot take the ball and go home:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (certainly to France)

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years

you should have consideration for us that need to run a generator as when i book to go on meets it say what times you can run it up till

GeraldandAnnie

Free Member
Aug 6, 2007
Essex coast
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2006
well if they dont like they can move my van my power use wot i like when i like

but if I want to use it between the allowed times I will.
<snip> As I say I use it as I want and no amount of others protesting on here will change that right. I myself will decide if it is excessive not someone else that does not like them.

So let's see if I've got this right. What you're saying it doesn't matter if it upsets people around you, you're going to do what the hell you like, when you like, and the rest of us can go hang.

Nice.

I'm not surprised, because I've come across this attitude before.

Gerald

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
We only use our genny when necessary and then try to put it on when the folk closest to us are out.

Would not dream of using it continually unless we had a major problem, Rog hates the sound of it lol.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
So let's see if I've got this right. What you're saying it doesn't matter if it upsets people around you, you're going to do what the hell you like, when you like, and the rest of us can go hang.

Nice.

I'm not surprised, because I've come across this attitude before.

Gerald

And iv come across people like you before i paid for my van and generator and i will use it as long as am with in the rules so no one elss will tell me when i can ues it

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Bob, I don't like upsetting people but I seem to have done it twice on two threads with you taking my comments and running with them. I apologise for upsetting you however I stand by my comments as written not as interpreted.

I understand the need to run generators and have no problems with them in principle. I do find them irritating especially mine cause it is right next to my van is noisy and stinks :ROFLMAO:.....

I think the the rules themselves though are too loose. I think 08:30 to 10pm is too wide a window for their use. 6 hours during the middle of the day should be enough for everyone to get their onboard batteries back up to scratch if done daily.

This would mean that we could have a peaceful morning, breakfast outside etc without being choked or deafened. We could also have a peaceful evening. During the day when kids are making more noise it's not so bad and this is where I feel they should be used.

Excluding people with medical needs or scooters there is no reason that people shouldn't be able to manage a weekend without a hookup/generator.

I am going to take a leaf out of your book now Bob. If you don't like my opinions you know what you can do :winky::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back