LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
There are footprints on the roof of my van as well. Flyscreen? Try opening one from the wrong side without damaging it. Sorry - disinterested gendarmes and an obvious point of entry as documented many times before in van break ins via popping the lock.

The bottom line is, no matter how they entered, the OP knows why they didn't wake up and pretty well says so. A good reason why we always set the strike back alarm at night when sleeping. The moment that drivers door was opened all hell would break loose and the thief would scarper

Flyscreen info from the thread: "thought a small person had come through a standard roof light as the mosquito net had been retracted and there were footmarks on the roof"

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Just thinking on.....

Re "standard" lock popping..

Is it mostly Moho's with an OME cab that suffer break-in whilst occupied.. or do A class vans get broken into as much?..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Flyscreen info from the thread: "thought a small person had come through a standard roof light as the mosquito net had been retracted and there were footmarks on the roof"
And?..........

you are ignoring the broken lock on the drivers door which is solid evidence as opposed to something a gendarme thought might have happened.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Just thinking on.....

Is it mostly Moho's with an OME cab that suffer break-in whilst occupied.. or do A class vans get broken into as much?..

Possibly - an A class door is usually multi point. Same lock barrels though....... we don't worry as we use an alarm.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
There are footprints on the roof of my van as well. Flyscreen? Try opening one from the wrong side without damaging it. Sorry - disinterested gendarmes and an obvious point of entry as documented many times before in van break ins via popping the lock.

The bottom line is, no matter how they entered, the OP knows why they didn't wake up and pretty well says so. A good reason why we always set the strike back alarm at night when sleeping. The moment that drivers door was opened all hell would break loose and the thief would scarper

And?..........

you are ignoring the broken lock on the drivers door which is solid evidence as opposed to something a gendarme thought might have happened.

Not ignoring anything. The poster reported both - the fly screen had been retracted & there were footprints on the roof & he reported evidence of a screwdriver having been used on the hab door. My thoughts are that the hab door was the entry and exit point but I'm not discounting what was written.

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Possibly - an A class door is usually multi point. Same lock barrels though....... we don't worry as we use an alarm.

I don't worry either... I drove straight from dealer to Vanbitz and had the Growler fitted... And use if I feel the need :)

Was just curious :)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Just thinking on.....

Fit HEOSAFE,,BUSBY..

etap

Free Member
Nov 19, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
3 years
Daily Mail mmmmmmm.

Scudajoh

Free Member
Oct 4, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach Autograph
Exp
Thanks for your comments guys. I firmly believe we slept through an opportunist robbery after a few drinks. It was the gratis comment by the gendarme which got us thinking BUT I agree with Ansesthetist assessment that anaesthetic gas is a fanciful suggestion. Where we lived in Spain on the Costa del Sol there were often reporfs about gas being put into domestic Aircon units BUT THERE IS NO connection between the outside and inside air ONLY pipes with refrigerant so no way for gas to get in!!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I would have suggested the thief tried to break in through the door but didn't succeed and then went in through the roof...?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Thats gassing and A Frames put to bed then,,now can any one tell me the best site in BENIDORM ? BUSBY:):)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats gassing and A Frames put to bed then,,now can any one tell me the best site in BENIDORM ? BUSBY:):)

@JJ is the official funster guru on Benidorm :).

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
What do I do with my grey waste please.... pretty please..... ;)

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Don't you guys have Oil threads on here? Or tyres then ;)

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Route to Benidorm? avoiding gassing locations in France.---------- Ferry to Santander???? N623 to Burgos ; E5 to Madrid (Watch for Motorcycle Guardia If "A" framing!) :: A3 to Valencia ;; then A7 to exit 65::):whistle::whistle:

Pete

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Jenson Button was ALLEGEDLY gassed in his villa, so you don't need a motorhome, just (supposedly) £300,000 worth of jewellery
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ased-claim-solely-chauffeur-feeling-sick.html

Nobody believed that any more than the claim that the shambling old wreck Ozzie Osbourne threw a burglar out of his bedroom window, but thieves stole "1m worth of jewellery.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...hts-burglar-in-1m-jewellery-raid-on-home.html

Doesn't reflect on the OP, but it seems that celebrities are especially unlucky, and are always surrounded by a great deal of jewellery.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I see the Kardashian woman with the two big arses, the one she had injected and the one she is married to claims to have been robbed of 8.5 million in jewellery in a Pairs hotel by two bogus policemen. Give the large security entourage she has around her ( presumably to give an impression she is important) I think she might have been better to claim she had been gassed as that would have slightly more credibility than what could very well be a staged manage publicity stunt. The second arse apparently rushed, mid concert, to be with her in her grief. What happened to "The show must go on" Perhaps this dramatic effect was part of some further Kardashian hype.

I shall await developments with interest. Interest to see if she can prove she had the jewellery in the first place and interest to see what her "security" was doing at the time, night off perhaps, or am I being sceptical.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I see the Kardashian woman with the two big arses, the one she had injected and the one she is married to claims to have been robbed of 8.5 million in jewellery in a Pairs hotel by two bogus policemen. Give the large security entourage she has around her ( presumably to give an impression she is important) I think she might have been better to claim she had been gassed as that would have slightly more credibility than what could very well be a staged manage publicity stunt. The second arse apparently rushed, mid concert, to be with her in her grief. What happened to "The show must go on" Perhaps this dramatic effect was part of some further Kardashian hype.

I shall await developments with interest. Interest to see if she can prove she had the jewellery in the first place and interest to see what her "security" was doing at the time, night off perhaps, or am I being sceptical.

Did they get her APPLE MAC AND I PHONE,,,BUSBY:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back