Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
In the Mail today..........another gassing of a family in a trailer tent and a quote from a lorry driver.
I have said this before that I heard an interview with French police several years ago when they said that a product available in every town...at car accessory shots would make sleeping people sleep deeper...........they would not name the product but said it was often used by eastern European gangs
I have always thought there could well be something in this.

To admit this is happening would frighten too many people...so I think its being hushed up.

"What is commonly known as easy start for engines in the UK is actually Ether an early anaesthetic which is highly flammable. You can buy it at garages there and you can put people to sleep. It's been going on for decades to knock out truckers in Europe and take their trucks or loads or just rifle through the cab while the driver is oblivious. The best advice has been given. Don't park in service areas and get a loud gas detector and I personally would put an old fashioned bolt on the inside of a caravan door, wouldn't have helped these people though. Also put a safe in your trailer or car for valuables. "

barry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739285/Family-cash-mobiles-iPads-taken-cars-ransacked-slept-motoring-rest-stop.html#ixzz3C2tGQMoX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

froggy59

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
walkden
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2009
Hmm Easy start not used that in years.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Relax, there is nothing in this. :) Broken Link Removed

Morning Jim

Where has that link just taken me? Looked familiar format and I returned here via a forum icon, is this s new resource? or just something else I hadn't been aware of :D

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I think the old fashioned locking bolt on the inside of the door is an excellent idea. (y)

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
back in the day [40ys ago] when i was a apprentice motor mechanic, i spent half my life with my head buried in engine bays spraying easy start into engines . i never fell asleep once and i was only inches from the fumes ! the amount needed to fill a motorhome to have any chance of having a effect on anyone would require a lorry load of the stuff ! not very cost effect from the crims point of view methinks !!!

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
just another gassing thread to put fear in to the unknowing.
gas gas gas let's all buy gas masks and flame proof clothing for when the pilot light ignites the Ether
and burns the van to the ground killing every one in it scar mongering storeys

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
In the Mail today..........another gassing of a family in a trailer tent and a quote from a lorry driver.
I have said this before that I heard an interview with French police several years ago when they said that a product available in every town...at car accessory shots would make sleeping people sleep deeper...........they would not name the product but said it was often used by eastern European gangs
I have always thought there could well be something in this.

To admit this is happening would frighten too many people...so I think its being hushed up.

"What is commonly known as easy start for engines in the UK is actually Ether an early anaesthetic which is highly flammable. You can buy it at garages there and you can put people to sleep. It's been going on for decades to knock out truckers in Europe and take their trucks or loads or just rifle through the cab while the driver is oblivious. The best advice has been given. Don't park in service areas and get a loud gas detector and I personally would put an old fashioned bolt on the inside of a caravan door, wouldn't have helped these people though. Also put a safe in your trailer or car for valuables. "

barry

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2739285/Family-cash-mobiles-iPads-taken-cars-ransacked-slept-motoring-rest-stop.html#ixzz3C2tGQMoX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Surprised that their dog who usually barks at the slightest sound did not hear them approach the van and connect their pipes up to the van to administer The Easy Start. Think they would have needed a tanker load to gas a canvas structure such as theirs..Another load of fantasy..Jim i think you shoud put gassing attacks into ROOM 101......BUSBY:D:D:D:D

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I just knew when I saw this in the Mail that someone would start thread on here and start up some more speculation. I would advise people to look at the pictures of the "victims" and their "accommodation" before reaching any conclusion. Of course you cannot always tell a book by the cover, BUT do they look like they have £2000 cash between them, do they look like they have iPads (not one mark you but plural) Even one of the "Victims" who was travelling with them in a caravan says they were gassed as well and says, "It was a really busy service station with people everywhere" I would have thought any self respecting thief would find a potential victim in a position where they might stand a chance of committing the crime undisturbed. Interesting that this apparently happened on 2nd of August. I assume they are insured and need to try to boost the validity of the claim which is presumably why they have reported the incident to the newspaper . I wonder what will happen when the insurance company ask for receipts for the iPads and mobiles and copy bank statements to demonstrate they had the cash in their possession.

No, there was a similar gassing story in the same piece of fish and chip paper a few weeks ago. Could it possibly be that these people read that story and have just thought they are on a winner.

So someone gassed then and found their car keys in the trailer tent, their cash, mobiles and ipads, or perhaps they left all the valuables in the car which is why the thieves had to find the car keys inside the trailer tent and just for good measure gassed those accompanying them in he caravan. Oh by the way, the villains did not find their passports it seems, pity they would be gold dust to marauding Eastern Europeans.

Yeah right. It could possibly be they had the car broken into, maybe even by Eastern Europeans who e know do this sot of thing, but the rest I take with a very very large pinch of salt.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-slept-motoring-rest-stop.html#ixzz3C3EnNJ2o
Follow us: Link Removed | Link Removed"

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Spray Easy Start on perspex, plastic or any varnished or veneered surface, leave a couple of hours and watch!

I assume that the "victims" of Easy Start gas attacks can show us pictures of "dissolved" motorhomes and caravans.

Also why don't the thieves fall asleep when they enter

Also, to administer a drug to render you unconscious is a serious crime. One assumes that the Police, if they suspected some one had been poisoned, would summon an ambulance to take the victims to hospital for checks. Why have we never seen any toxicology reports from the hospitals? This of course would substantiate that some one had been a victim.

It seems in these stories that the Police are happy to state that people have been "gassed" and stand back and let the "victims" drive off down the motorway, irrespective of any potential side effects of being poisoned.

I guess that the French motorway Police are medically trained!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I do enjoy a good gassing thread - even better when seeing it on the FB motorhome page and some of the utterly ignorant statements made by people. If it is that bad, stay at home......... Thankfully on here there is either considered expert opinion or someone willing to have a laugh about it and lighten the day for us all

....... in the meantime, if camping somewhere that might give an uncomfortable feeling, locked doors, the strike back alarm plus a couple of dogs inside should enable a sherbet or two to be consumed in safety.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I looked at the pictures & my first thought was that the cast of Benidorm had been robbed :rolleyes:
Some of the cast of Benidorm :rofl:
I looked at the pictures & my first thought was that the cast of Benidorm had been robbed :rolleyes:
I think thats a little harsh on the true cast of Benidorm below. Smudger 005.JPG Smudger 052.JPG Smudger 007.JPG Smudger 001.JPG

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ether is an anaesthetic but not a very good one. Seem to remember reading about the difficulty of actually knocking someone out with it.

http://www.general-anaesthesia.com/people/ether.html

Yes. It's smelly, irritant and you need quite a lot of it and it's SLOWWWW! I've used it as an anaesthetic only once and I think it most unlikely that you could gas a van full of campers with it.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
And I heard she woke up before you could get the ring on her finger. :)

Whats wrong with rohypnol, if that was what you wanted..........

.......hang on a minute. Mystery solved. The Eastern European gangs simply spike the van water with the stuff, plus also all of the soft drinks when the campers aren't looking, then sit back and wait. Job done!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes. It's smelly, irritant and you need quite a lot of it and it's SLOWWWW! I've used it as an anaesthetic only once and I think it most unlikely that you could gas a van full of campers with it.
Are we still talking about Benidorm or something else? :LOL:

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
Good heavens this dog just refuses to die, along with every single victim of an alleged gassing attack. All these rich folk loaded with smartphones and Ipads and cash who go camping in knackered insecure old motorhomes and caravans - and now trailer tents - makes me think I'm doing it wrong. Obviously with a modern, highly secured and alarmed, motorhome I'm missing out on a load of fun, fame and an insurance fortune. Note to self: sell the motorhome, buy a tent and look forward to having many new nighttime encounters whilst getting a sound nights sleep dreaming of my insurance claim.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back