Another gassed in France but with a new twist (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
With regard to the truckers being gassed the immobilizing agent is pumped into the cab through the night heater air intake which is usually located below the rear of the cab. this will only work if the heater is working on either hot or cold mode. The cubic space of the cab is of course many times smaller than a motorhome.
The motor home in question appears to be an A class with a large cubic area, you would probably need a very large tank to of gas to immobilise the occupants especially if the roof vents were open.

Embellishment for the insurance claim?
you can put any gas you like up the air inlet and unless the heater is faulty it will get nowhere near the occupants and will come straight back out the exhaust duct you obviously dont understand the workings of your heater if you were constantly heating fresh air you would need a tanker of gas behind your van

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Tootles, I didn't think there was a reflection when you looked in a mirror. You don't like garlic or crucifixes either, but do seem to like young ladies...... ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Catalytic converter or not, if you pipe your exhaust gasses into your car to top yourself, you will be asphyxiated as the exhaust products will displace the oxygen inside the car.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Were they not scousers
If so explains it all
Slip trip or fall call paul your friendly claims solicitor

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
have heard a few drivers tell stories of being offered cash to turn a blind eye to a load disappearing as they sleep in the cab

That has been going on since trucks were invented...BUSBY:D:D

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs

Movinon

Free Member
Feb 1, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Lots
As I've pointed out before, it is one thing to try to pump gas into a motorhome and quite another to then gain entry. How do crooks know which motorhomes have sufficiently weak security to make the effort and risk worthwhile? And how do they know when enough gas has been pumped in?

Even if they could find an entry point for gas in my vehicle they could not work under cover of darkness, they could not get in without a sledgehammer or without setting off my alarms. And then they would have to get into the safe.

If people make the effort to secure their belongings in a sensible fashion, accepting that the expense is part of the necessary costs of motorhoming, then they are unlikely to have any problems regardless of where they spend the night. If they wish to save money then they have to accept that they run a risk - with or without gas - and must choose their campsites carefully.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
As I've pointed out before, it is one thing to try to pump gas into a motorhome and quite another to then gain entry. How do crooks know which motorhomes have sufficiently weak security to make the effort and risk worthwhile? And how do they know when enough gas has been pumped in?

Even if they could find an entry point for gas in my vehicle they could not work under cover of darkness, they could not get in without a sledgehammer or without setting off my alarms. And then they would have to get into the safe.

If people make the effort to secure their belongings in a sensible fashion, accepting that the expense is part of the necessary costs of motorhoming, then they are unlikely to have any problems regardless of where they spend the night. If they wish to save money then they have to accept that they run a risk - with or without gas - and must choose their campsites carefully.
But they are not getting gassed.....Pissed probably. Very easy to open cab doors on old shape Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot, very easy to secure them on inside to stop access...BUSBY:):):)

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

We now have burglars wearing gas-masks (so they don't inhale the anaesthetic themselves) moving around a space the size of the average domestic bathroom where several adults, children and dogs are sleeping and locating jewels, cash etc in the dark......hmmmmm

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Gassing tales are not new. I probably heard my first gassing stories over 25 years ago while in international haulage. One of our drivers claimed he and another driver from a different company had been gassed and robbed of all there valuables including their clothes and all their running money while parked up over night at a well known truck stop in Southern Spain. It wasn't long before other drivers I met on the road told me how both of the drivers had spent a long evening at the bar and were seen heading back to the trucks with two young professional ladies.;)
Although I have known and met people who have been robbed in different countries in Europe none of them to their knowledge have been gassed.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back