another filling up question... (1 Viewer)

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
Our first trip is looming and i'm just wondering when I get to the CC site we've booked are there usually designated areas to enable me to fill up with water or do I need to carry a long length of hose so I can do it when I'm parked, I was going to carry a hosepipe for filling up anyway but wanted to keep it as short as possible for storage purposes
Thanks in advance
Dave

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Are these flat hoses the same size as normal hosepipe ? I fancy one but need all the standard connectors and adapters

:)

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are these flat hoses the same size as normal hosepipe ? I fancy one but need all the standard connectors and adapters

:)
The one we have is, same as this one although ours was cheaper in a local shop. Ships chandlers also sell them and was where we got ours.
Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
If you are going to drink the water, don't use an ordinary garden hose as it will make it taste awful. As stated, food grade hose is best. I have a couple of lengths and a connector so that I can vary the length. Hose lock connectors also necessary for the different tap connectors. Always have some disinfectant wipes for the tap as many people are not fussy what they use the tap for (even on a CC site!). For the waste, you will often find a removeable grid at the MH service point which can be awkward to line up. I have found a bike inner tube quite useful to direct the waste grey water when you just can't quite get close enough to direct the waste down the grid. Enjoy your first outing and hope it's one of very many. (y)

Thanks Martin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Along with all the Hozelock fittings I carry 20m flat hose (pain because it has to be fully unwound) 20m thrufeed hose ( can be used partly unwound) but very seldom have to use them ... if you can park close to the tap it is often quicker to use a garden watering can which is also useful for topping-up. I also carry a short length of hose (approx 4m) also useful if close to tap. All the hose is food grade.

PS Enjoy your first trip.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Dave K

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Dave,
Good luck with first trip.
We use a length of garden type hose 8m and a small watering can with spout long enough to enter filler hole, been ok for years, however, if you buy a clear plastic hose in a pack (caravan type) the 2 metre one is too short, as has been said 4 metres or more is fine.
Etap

Thanks Etap, hopefully it'll go ok, could do with this wind dying down a bit

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Must have dropped lucky with our MoHo. We have an aquaroll which sits by the filler. This is a cascade type with integral electrics and I inherited a sub pump with switch. We also have a 6 mtr lay flat hose, 4 mtr rigid hose and short length with male end and fitting for locking into filler fitment, along with various hoselock connectors. In the van is a filter so able to drink the tank water too. £15 per year for new filter and runs out of separate spout. Never without a cuppa.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I carry a food grade 3m,5m,15m,20m hose. An aquaroll and a watering can. I have a submersible pump for it and simply plug in through the kitchen window directly above the filler. I did put a dedicated socket on an earlier MH but have never bothered on this one. Always travel with a full tank.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back