Another expat newbie saying 'Bonjour' (1 Viewer)

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We are recent converts to motor-homing or as our French neighbours say we will soon be 'camping caristes'.
For 15 of the last 30 years we've owned a caravan but have decided to move on this time around because firstly a 'camping car' will suit are changing lifestyle better and secondly finding a newish caravan to buy in France is harder than finding rocking horse s**t!!

Having spent the autumn chasing across France from exhibition to exhibition we settled on a Dethleffs Esprit T7150 as our choice.

We look forward to continuing reading the forums to improve our knowledge and maybe ask a few questions of our own and answer a few if we can.

Of course we'll spend most of our time touring the continent but will cross to the UK in 2016 or 2017 when it is too hot over 'ere. Though the thought of the 'over officious' management of sites that I remember from 20 years ago does put me off and is the main reason we never went back with the caravan in the last 10 years!

Hope to bump into some of you 'funsters' on our travels!!

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Hi and welcome. If you should visit the UK at some time in the future, it is possible to avoid the officious campmeisters by using BritStops. This is a book full of places to stay at overnight for free. Although free, you are expected to use their facilities. If it is a pub, then have a drink or meal etc. When outside of the UK we almost always use the 'special' facilities provided only for Motorhomes known as Aires. They too are usually free and do not involve any form of officious camp generals.
Enjoy all!
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Goodness, I didn't know Haute Vienne would be so full of 'funsters', with Spitfire from Correze we've got Limoges surrounded!! We're from near Le Dorat to the north of 87. At least I'll now know where to go to get things done!!

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

OP
OP
moulin 87

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
The Limousin is a special part of France. Made even more special by those with houses there.:whistle:
Welcome to another special place.(y)

Couldn't say it better myself, though it's a bit chilly this morning!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back