Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Is there a simple way to bend the bottom of a swift door frame back into shape, as it has bevelled down from the door and causing a draught, not the end of the world, but maybe frame of van warped down as well. Or maybe a diet required.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Are you sure its not the door stays as i always looked at mine and thought the door frame or door was bowed.After looking at adjustments it closes over perfectly now.

OP
OP
Trikimiki

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
The frame looks like a U and door appears still square, I did not realise there was adjustment between them, will have a look in the light of day tomorrow.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
dont try twisting a straight door to fit, but an obviously bowed one can be carefully straightened using a rolled up towel just above the twist against the door frame and apply gentle pressure. i have adjusted a few like that over the years but only after making sure the hinges arent twisted which is a common fault due to no lubrication and they are weak by design. if hinges are twisted replace them, theyre not expensive

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Trikimiki

Trikimiki

Free Member
Oct 14, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Door fits frame perfectly, apart from the bottom frame which looks bowed down from the door. I just presumed it was with folk standing on the frame over the years it has dropped down?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back