Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
found this post on caravan club forum ,,,
owners, I have realised that I may have inadvertantly caused annoyance to some of my neighbours on club sites. I like to think of myself as a responsible dog owner - our two rarely bark, are far too lazy to take notice of other dogs or childfren walking past our pitch, are always walked on a short lead on site and we always clean up after they do - well what dogs do.

So what is the problem you may well ask?

Well we give them dry dog food and I am worried now that the noise when I empty the food into their dishes, and the noise they make when they crunch their way through meals may disturb some other campers. To make matters worse, after eating they usually have a drink and I guess the sound of them slurping at the water bowls may well carry beyond our own pitch.

I would hate other dog owners to be caused problems by the thoughtless and selfish way I feed and water the dogs. So do other members have any advice on how I can avoid being a nusiance in future

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
jesus u should hear the noise i make when i eat and after i have had my bowl of drink :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Try inserting their food from the other end, not too sure how the Water will go tho:Sad:
Perhaps someone with a broader medical Knowledge could help with that (haganap maybe)

We're dog sitting a Yorkie (Rosie) at the moment while her Human is in Scotland, It's gets the old heart lurching when you are in a deep dream chasing TYNON around the Galaxy, and you suddenly awake with a wet nose shoved in your face instead of- - - - - - ?:Doh:

:Sad::Sad::Sad:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
simples, feed the dogs when the lawnmower or strimmer or tractor are being used on the site. or ask your neighbour to turn up their radio

my attitude though is stuff the whingers, they would be very pleased to have a dog onsite if somebody was sneaking about after dark to knick their bikes

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
How unthoughtful of you. Why not get an old Burco boiler and boil cows belly from the abattoir. The dogs will love it and no crunchy noises. Will find you something to do on campsites and think of all the new friends you will make as you happily boil away your tripe.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Our dogs are real gentlemen when they eat ........

[ame]http://youtu.be/EVwlMVYqMu4[/ame]

:france::france::france:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Our white rat westy only eats tuggers and campsite wardens
And craps in her own plastic bag this she usually place in front of some old grumpy gits van door
Such a well behaved dog

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
owners, I have realised that I may have inadvertantly caused annoyance to some of my neighbours on club sites. I like to think of myself as a responsible dog owner - our two rarely bark, are far too lazy to take notice of other dogs or childfren walking past our pitch, are always walked on a short lead on site and we always clean up after they do - well what dogs do.

Well we give them dry dog food and I am worried now that the noise when I empty the food into their dishes, and the noise they make when they crunch their way through meals may disturb some other campers. To make matters worse, after eating they usually have a drink and I guess the sound of them slurping at the water bowls may well carry beyond our own pitch.

I would hate other dog owners to be caused problems by the thoughtless and selfish way I feed and water the dogs. So do other members have any advice on how I can avoid being a nusiance in future

:ROFLMAO: Just goes to show there is humour with in the CC. My pint size dog always does a huge burp after eating her food, never fails to make us laugh!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

leave them at a kennels and have a holiday from handling dog poop :ROFLMAO:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Just feed them when your running your generator. That's what we do and we never get any complaints. At least, none that we can hear!
Allan

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Have to say what an interesting thread, thanks for the laughs, seriously though some campers, mh, tuggers are unbelievable, decades ago when we were tenters, everyone spoke and said good morning, it was very sociable , but now, half that I spoke to on our last holiday didn`t acknowledge, that was on a CC&C site at Kessingland, that is spoilt now by the wind turbines, noisy day and night. will not go back there again.Has anyone else found that campers are not so talkative nowadays, or is it just us?:Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have to say what an interesting thread, thanks for the laughs, seriously though some campers, mh, tuggers are unbelievable, decades ago when we were tenters, everyone spoke and said good morning, it was very sociable , but now, half that I spoke to on our last holiday didn`t acknowledge, that was on a CC&C site at Kessingland, that is spoilt now by the wind turbines, noisy day and night. will not go back there again.Has anyone else found that campers are not so talkative nowadays, or is it just us?:Eeek:

Never have a problem with fellow campers coming to have a chat. Generally when am cooking bacon and cheese on oatcakes or when am having my afternoon gin and tonic :Doh:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp

The campers were probably having their brains fried by the infrasound emitted by the turbines.....some people reckon the infrasound problem will be as big as asbestosis …..It’s only a matter of time before a link between ill health and proximity to turbines is proven and goes to court.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Lol, our four must make an auful lot of noise eating and drinking ! We are camped now at Actons Eco camping near Clifton, Connemara, and are surrounds by tents, tuggers and other MHs all concentrating on having a great time. The kids have all been over to see our dogs and are still playing outside in the dusk. No tv or electronic gizmos and all are happy playing at games I used to do when I was a kid - rolling down sand dunes, playing ball etc.

Kath and Howie

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Don't be disheartened! We would always say "good morning" to others we see on sites, but there are the exceptions sadly:Sad: Don't be put off by these miserable types.........we have met some really nice people recently both at Lower Wensleydale and The Firs (both CC sites) and we will continue to give those who look our way a friendly nod/hello:thumb:
We met two really nice Welsh couples at the Firs and we stood talking for hours whilst watching the sunset over the Peaks, we eventually got back to the van just before midnight. We were very surprised at the amount of people on the site who even said "good evening" to us during all the time we were chatting.
One couple came over to us to exchange e-mails on the morning we were leaving, so the friendly sociable people are in the majority thankfully.
But there was a really miserable "tugger" ::bigsmile: who moved into the pitch next to us after one of the Welsh couples left..........he had no intentions of saying hello::bigsmile:
We had a great night recently with a couple of tuggers from Pickering and will keep in touch with them. Generally we find the younger ones less likely to talk, (reach for tin helmet:roflmto:), but usually those in their 50's and older are more than happy to chat. Having said this we realise that not everyone will want to acknowledge and that's fair enough. But it does irk us when you say hello and they don't acknowledge you:Sad:

Margaret & Bill

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Seems all the replies are from dog owners.And if you don't like dogs you are labelled a whinger.

Dog owners cant comprehend that some people don't like/are scared of... dogs.

If they invented a shitless variety I'd have two........but they do make a mess.
Lots of owners just leave it .......and the really stupid ones around here pick it up put it in a plastic bag and hang it on the bushes for someone else to pick up.

When they are left in motorhomes or caravans on site which they often are while the owners go out.......they often bark all day.

The folks next door to my house think the dog they put in the kennel when they go out never barks. " He's wonderful he never barks" They put him in his run with some food then go out. When fido has finished his food he starts barking. They never hear this of course.

As for " don't worry he wouldn't hurt a fly " as a frothing at the mouth Fang
tries to take you off your push bike........as I said dog owners are the last people who have a balanced view about dogs.

Best bet .....get a cat :)

barry:Smile::Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
yeah why not cat owners are not inconsiderate their cats never shit in someone else's garden their owners never have them on leads just let them roam and saying well thats what cats do best cat is the 1 hanging from a dogs mouth :Smile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Seems all the replies are from dog owners.And if you don't like dogs you are labelled a whinger.

Dog owners cant comprehend that some people don't like/are scared of... dogs.

If they invented a shitless variety I'd have two........but they do make a mess.
Lots of owners just leave it .......and the really stupid ones around here pick it up put it in a plastic bag and hang it on the bushes for someone else to pick up.

When they are left in motorhomes or caravans on site which they often are while the owners go out.......they often bark all day.

The folks next door to my house think the dog they put in the kennel when they go out never barks. " He's wonderful he never barks" They put him in his run with some food then go out. When fido has finished his food he starts barking. They never hear this of course.

As for " don't worry he wouldn't hurt a fly " as a frothing at the mouth Fang
tries to take you off your push bike........as I said dog owners are the last people who have a balanced view about dogs.

Best bet .....get a cat :)

barry:Smile::Smile:

Agree with the majority of what you say as a dog lover........apart from get a cat, I really dislike cats. I'd sooner get a hamster, at least we could take it away with us:Doh:::bigsmile:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

Having read this, I thinks he's taking the mick......to be honest:RollEyes:
He's having a right old go at those that moan and whinge about dogs in general.......good one!

Bill

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We don't mind cats, but our dogs do!
Luckily for the birds that regularly nest in our garden, the dogs provide a safe haven.

We had a couple of blackbird fledglings at large in our garden. We made the mistake of going away for the week. Upon our return, cat crap was aplenty and a couple of patches of feathers was all that remained of our blackbirds.

Anyway back to the Caravan Club!
After WW2, many Nazis were rumoured to have legged it to South America.... Or DID they????!!!!::bigsmile:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
We had a couple of blackbird fledglings at large in our garden. We made the mistake of going away for the week. Upon our return, cat crap was aplenty and a couple of patches of feathers was all that remained of our blackbirds.

google dog attacks and see what you get:

Dog attacks put almost 20,000 people in hospital while ministers dithered over laws to curb maulings

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dog-attacks-put-20000-people-2133278#ixzz2bOBqJRlw

plus sheep, and loads of other creatures - ever heard of the dangerous cats act ?????:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
But dead cats make such a mess on the roads! What about poor motorcyclists who could crash after loosing grip over a cat carcass?!:Eeek:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Agree with the majority of what you say as a dog lover........apart from get a cat, I really dislike cats. I'd sooner get a hamster, at least we could take it away with us:Doh:::bigsmile:

These days I don't have a dog.......or cats though I have had both in the past.

I have discovered the perfect pet.....a fish finger. I call mine Brian.

You can take it for walks in your pocket or on a lead if you wish...it's cheap to keep ( in the fridge ) and food costs are nothing ! I might also take it with me in the motorhome to France if I can organise its passport.

It doesn't do whoopees in next doors prize dahlias...........nor does it bark or savage the postman.
So far the vets bills have been nil.

I'm currently trying to teaching it to fetch......... to tell the truth with not a lot of positive results
but I'm considering taking to obedience classes.

Not perfect ...but almost the ultimate pet !

barry:Smile:

Last edited:

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011

We also have 2 dogs that fit the above, my advice which seems to work well is ..DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT FEED OR WATER the dogs UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Best chance of success is not to look at them or listen to them. Good luck, our best success so far has been about 5 mins.

:thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Take 1 Cat+ chopped veg+ curry Powder + a cup of Cooked Long Grain Rice=

The only good use for a Cat:RollEyes:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I think you are all terrible, slating people just because they have given an animal a home, after all, hey are all Gods creatures..... Except cats! They are the work of the Devil with their Devilly slit eyes.......

Nah, I'm only joking. I love cats. I just can't eat a whole one
Allan

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Take 1 Cat+ chopped veg+ curry Powder + a cup of Cooked Long Grain Rice=

The only good use for a Cat:RollEyes:

Rangi, you really are a peasant, no finesse at all!

Marinade the cat in ginger and chopped lemon grass and a little sambal oelek prior to cooking.
Use Basmati for cat curry, not long grain.:winky:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back