LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Since the purchase of our mobility scooters we now have a problem of transport. We still want to transport the Smartcar for days out, but need the scooters for day to day getting around. I have decided to sell the Brian James Smart trailer when I get home and replace it with a longer trailer and have a tilt type cover made for it. This will keep the Smart and the scoots clean when in transit. Whilst at the drawing board designing the new trailer I thought it would be a good idea to make a soundproof box to fit on the drawbar so as to house my lovely yellow Kipor. I would like to be able to run it inside the box, but realised I would need some form of exhaust extension. Has anyone done this, and if so your ideas would be much appreciated. As am starting with a clean sheet I will be able to incorporate several ideas into the building of the perfect trailer. The scooter chargers will be housed in the trailer with an extension lead and socket from the moho so that they can be charged overnight in safety etc.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dave when you make your box line it with shop type ceiling tiles -these are acoustic sound deadening :thumb: You will probably get loads out of the skip if anywhere near you are having a shop refurb :Smile: or for a few quid/euro's slipped in the right direction you will get new ones :thumb:Glue them to the inside of your kippor box :thumb:
terry

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
After a little more research into noise deadening and an exhaust extension for my lovely yellow Kipor, it seems that running the exhaust into a small tank of water would make it almost silent. At first this seemed a little OTT but then I thought about it and realised the outboard motors on my boat do not have exhausts and rely on water to keep them cool and quiet. So what about a 25 litre plastic drum with a flexipipe going into it that I can fill with water when I want to use the genny. This coupled with the sound insulated box that its in would make the thing almost silent. Cant wait to get home now to start my experiments. The first totally silent Kipor generator :thumb:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dave me ole mate...

The perfect answer to your noise problems...

Leave room on your trailer....

For an old 45 gallon oil drum,,,,,, cut the top off and secure drum in trailer..

Fill to the brim with water....

Start your "Kipper"...

And chuck the whole bloody thing in the 45 gallon drum... :thumb:

See I can be nice to you.....

And next we meet,,,,,, I will even let you plug into my Super Quiet Whisper Suitcase...

"HONDA"..... :thumb:

:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Dave me ole mate...

The perfect answer to your noise problems...

Leave room on your trailer....

For an old 45 gallon oil drum,,,,,, cut the top off and secure drum in trailer..

Fill to the brim with water....

Start your "Kipper"...

And chuck the whole bloody thing in the 45 gallon drum... :thumb:

See I can be nice to you.....

And next we meet,,,,,, I will even let you plug into my Super Quiet Whisper Suitcase...

"HONDA"..... :thumb:

:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aha, but your Honda is the wrong colour. Me old muckah JJ would never speak to me again if I had a RED genny.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back