LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
SWMBO had a little inheritance early this year and treated us both to new laptops. As they both came complete with 7 we had her 7 discs spare. Yesterday (as l like 7 so much) I loaded it up onto my netbook which is a Samsung n120 running XP. To my surprise the machine is faster and the graphics seem better. :thumb:::bigsmile:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
SWMBO had a little inheritance early this year and treated us both to new laptops. As they both came complete with 7 we had her 7 discs spare. Yesterday (as l like 7 so much) I loaded it up onto my netbook which is a Samsung n120 running XP. To my surprise the machine is faster and the graphics seem better. :thumb:::bigsmile:

....and possibly some/many of your programs will now no longer work

GLWT

ps Have PC's running all OS's here - XP; Vista; 7

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I think there's a software interface tool on 7 but cant remeber where it is. It will "fix" any sofware interface clashes, or thats what it says.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Confused, I thought that today's system disks were specific to a particular issue of computer.

how did you get around it?

Doug...

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Hi,

No 1. All my software worked with 7 out of the box. Even on my dektop and lappie which run 64 bit systems, 7 creates a 32 bit folder which allows the 32 bit software to run.

No 2 You can install to a new computer, sometimes you have to ring them and let them know you have uninstalled it from the old one and they give you a key. In this case I did not have to.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back