Annual travel insurance (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm trying to get some annual multi trip insurance but have only found max trip limit to 60days... Any one know of better at a good price please..?

Many thanks (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Try the Camping and Caravannng Club. They also insure our house for absences of up to 90 days.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
It all depends on a)how old you are and b)whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions. Otherwise - you can reasonably easily - but you do have to shop around. The 'Club' (CC or C&CC) offerings seem to be reasonable for this and short period cover.

Quite honestly they have basically decided that I'm too old (66) and already have too many things wrong with me (most of which I have already had for about half my life with no problems arising ever from them at home or on holiday - and only one medical problem at all on holiday, ever, not arising from them) to offer annual insurance to, at a cost less than what it would cost Pete to get me back home in the event. So that's into 4 figures, just for me.

We won't pay it. We just go to the EU for long periods and rely on the EHIC if there's an emergency - and unless it was a medical emergency, we wouldn't seek medical attention abroad anyway in the first place.

We can get individual 'short period' cover anyway should we decide to go further afield, or somewhere we might be a bit doubtful about the 'State' medical provision before we go.

We just like the ease of an annual policy though - it's batty - we only spent 6 weeks on hols abroad anyway last year and dunno how long we'll manage this year yet - but the insurer would have still had the benefit of a more reasonable full annual premium last year and this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Just smiffy
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Blimey .... I found on the net from £50-130... For both of us, CC want £307...!
We are both 56 and me with asthma....

We're going to lanzagrotty in a few weeks and then need it for if hopefully we have a motorhome going to France/Spain later in the year...

Lynne Steele

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
Lleyn peninsula
Funster No
MH
Majestic accordo 125
Exp
4 years
try comfort, I have insured motorhome, house and travel insurance and thought it was a really good deal.

Lynne x

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back