Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
After much searching I have finally found what is rattling in the back , it is the heater. It sounds as something is loose. How easy are they to take apart beating in mind I have very few fit skills?

OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Also can someone recommend a good battery tester?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
From other posts and our own experience they always rattle don't know the answer , be interested to know

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Rattles! Our heater was the main culprit in our last van, I started a thread on the CC website and eventually got someone to explain that the metal fins were too long and hitting off another metal part inside the heater. Someone shortened theirs by bending them inwards and this stopped the problem.

But now on our second van, we've still got a rattle from the fire, so have been putting pieces of white polystyrene in between the fins whilst travelling:thumb:

Bill

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
From other posts and our own experience they always rattle don't know the answer , be interested to know

Well according to the OP take it apart and give it a BEATING but I think that may a step too far after all she only nags a bit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there is a knack to refitting the fire front. it involves bending the sides in a few mm but there is as i say a knack. some people have solved it by fitting small L brackets and self tapping screws near the bottom of the fire front. what holds it are a couple of bits of sprung metal but these allow it to vibrate and rattle when you're driving up the road

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Female oldish 1950ish model lots of miles but good for a few more yet
needs a rebore and decoking by the sound of it, maybe think about upgrading to a more modern sporty version with a soft top and luxury suspension. wont cure the rattle but will change frequency and give a bit more pleasure :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Lord Mac

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Found an annoying rattle, it was the glass in the oven. It has obviously been removed for cleaning and the screws had not been tightened. All sorted now. Tomorrow I am going to dismantle the fire.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back