Annoying labels (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 454 HiStyle
Exp
2 years back in 2009/10; resuming in 2016.
I have just taken delivery of a new van and in both the shower and the wash basin there is a label telling me to wash the said items down with warm soapy water after use, and of course an ad for Thetford bathroom cleaner. I know that when/if I attempt to remove these unsightly labels there will be an ugly mark remaining. Any suggestions about how to get rid of the marks without damaging the surfaces? Someone told me that silvo polish was good for getting rid of sticky marks. Any thoughts?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Wilkinsons sell "sticky stuff" and it works.

Bought new caravan and had exactly same thing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
stickers

Hi, the best thing I've found is that good -old favourit WD40. Just get rid of as much of the label as poss then put some wd on a rag and rub! Eventually it will clean all the bits off and any glue. I personally wouldn't use any metal polish at all- it will scratch the surface and leave a mark. Hope this helps
Dave:thumb:

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Hi, the best thing I've found is that good -old favourit WD40. Just get rid of as much of the label as poss then put some wd on a rag and rub! Eventually it will clean all the bits off and any glue. I personally wouldn't use any metal polish at all- it will scratch the surface and leave a mark. Hope this helps
Dave:thumb:

Yep, that's what I was going to suggest. If the residue is fairly heavy then a quick spray and leaving it for a few minutes to soak in will do the job. I haven't found anything where the base fluid attacks the material - there will be something, no doubt, and somebody here may actually know. They're a very knowledgeable lot here, as you know.::bigsmile::thumb:

John

Upvote 0

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
A brillo pad will do it................and give you a textured finish all in one.................No need to thank me :winky:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
For a minute I though this thread was going to be about apples. Those labels on every one really are annoying:Smile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back