annecy day time parking

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by weejohnw, Jan 11, 2011.

1. weejohnw

weejohnw Funster

Hi folks
    I have searched past topics for this but can only find info on overnighting.
    Does anyone have info on where in Annecy there is day time parking available. Our temporary home is 7 meters long
    Thanks, regards John

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

We parked right in the middle of town in a public car park. Next to a cop shop I think. Very short walk to the lake.

3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi John
    We was in Annecy Sept 2010, to right of the lake over the road bridge turn left there are some car parks we saw MH on there during the day, all sizes and some coaches, You should be able to find something around there. Pete :thumb::thumb::thumb:

4. 1948

1948 Read Only Funster

annecy, france

Free parking day/night specially for MHs by the lake side road (Rue du Vernet) right by the lake, was there 3 weeks ago, no facilities, bit noisey at night, Follow the signs for the lake as you enter Annecy, old Aire had barrier now (co-ordinates in france aire book) This new parking area is 500M back on the same side. Easy to find. Close to town (walking distance) Beautiful lake side walk. Hope this helps
    I used the all the aires book to find it

no problem with 7m van

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. lorger

lorger Funster

I was going to say we used the aire in 2009 for daytime parking but read 1948 post so maybe changed but it sounds like the same car park as peter used our van is 6.2 meters and got it in no problem there where a few larger ones there also

6. weejohnw

weejohnw Funster

Hi Folks, thanks for that, have mobility problems so as short a walk as possible will be welcome. My brother-in-law has been here a few times but he is very, very vague especially when conveying details. So Thank You.
    Regards John

7. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Jerry
    Yes the Aires down to the left of the lake is a service point only now, the car park area has a low barrier across, there is an other one down passed the right hand side of the lake but was full when we went, we finished up at a camp site just passed the service point one. Peter :thumb: