LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Does anyone know how to do this or what software is required?

I want to show animated maps on my blog as a way of showing where our journey took us. A bit similar to Dads army map at the start of the show.

Any help welcome

Paul

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Great minds think a like, if anyone knows it would be great to know, as we have also been hoping to add this to our blog.

Pat

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
You can get this software ;but is expensive, You could use TYRE you would be able to place waymarks in google maps of your stops with info and run an animation as a link to the KLM file.

Regards

eg

Link Removed

select a route from the intineries then click calculate then run the car

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Thanks sinbad.

Looks like theres money to be made for a designer somewhere.
The only thing I can think of is using hypercam to catch me moving through google maps. but I sort of wanted it to trace a line.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
one way would be screen grabs of each step of the journey as shown on a standard journey planner, then combine them into an animated Gif. lots of free software out there to do that.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Adobe Premier Pro with After Effects can do it but it is rather expensive, you can download a 30 day trial though :winky:
Link Removed

Last edited:
S

sinbad1

Deleted User
one way would be screen grabs of each step of the journey as shown on a standard journey planner, then combine them into an animated Gif. lots of free software out there to do that.

Tyre animates it for you you can zoom in as you would with google earth far better than maps as you get a real image, the added advantage is you can transfer these way point to your tom tom or send then to a freind,. THe ones in my link are trips that other people have done and uploaded them to the site.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Copied from a forum

here are 2 ways,

easy way + consume more time
hard way + consume less time

-------------------------------

easy way requires you to know some basic knowledge such as
1) you need to know how to open microsoft paint (if you run on windows operating system)

step by step guide
1. open microsoft paint (start > all programs > accessories > paint)
2. open your picture file via microsoft paint
3. do some edits (example drawing red lines)
4. save it using another name with the help of numbering prefix (example: 001_AyumiParadise)
5. then do some edit, and resave it using different number (example: 002_AyumiParadise)
6. Once you got the whole lots of pictures, import them into windows movie maker
7. you can set the picture duration by (tools > options > advanced tab > picture duration)
8. then add your picture accordingly to the sequence
9. save movie (ctrl+p), if you press (ctrl+s) it means saving project = mswmm file format

----------------------------------

hard way requires you to know at least 1 screen-capture software
(example: camstudio - freeware)

step by step guide
1. google search camstudio > download it > install it
2. open camstudio > search for the hotkeys to activate screen-capture
3. open microsoft paint, open the picture file, activate screen capture,
4. use your cursor, click on a paint tool, and then draw a line from point A to point B
5. once you are done, deactivate screen capture
6. for more info on how to use camtstudio, always remember F1 is always there for you!
7. press F1 to seek help, or if it doesn't work for some reason, go to Help > Help contents
8. once you are done, import the uncompressed avi (the video which you have recorded)
9. import it into windows movie maker,
10. once you have imported it, add the video clip into the storyboard
11. do some editing such as adding music, narration and others that you feel appropriate
12. press ctrl + p to save your movie
13. once you save, use an multimedia software to view it (example windows media player 11)

Using CS3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DJB8LHjQCg]YouTube - AE CS3: Making an animated map (1 of 2)[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back