Animal sitting in May anyone? (1 Viewer)

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Anyone fancy a free site for May, keeping an eye on our animals at the smallholding in Ilfracombe whilst we are away in the van? no feeding but some plant watering may be required. Water and waste dump on site but no electric. No problem using a genny though as no neigbours. we were sorted but a change of plans meant the other people will no longer be available.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Roger, you know my home situation at the moment, but when the situation changes please bear me in mind for the future... Hope you get sorted friend.

Joy

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no good Joy with a georgeous blonde on site I wouldn't want to go away, hee hee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
The animals are 5 cows and 3 horses, they don't need feeding, just checking daily. Parts of the garden may require watering. On the other hand there are lots of local attractions from shooting, golf, Quad bikes, horse riding, Fishing, walking, cycling, wildlife park etc etc etc.

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'd love to offer but not sure how long I could last without elec and a shower :ROFLMAO:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
The animals are 5 cows and 3 horses, they don't need feeding, just checking daily. Parts of the garden may require watering. On the other hand there are lots of local attractions from shooting, golf, Quad bikes, horse riding, Fishing, walking, cycling, wildlife park etc etc etc.

Roger, you forgot to mention the wonderful nearby places to visit, especially Croyde and Woolacombe beaches close by. North Devon is awesome, see link.

Link Removed

lesley

Jan 23, 2011
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
12 months
Hi there,
I am new to this site and may be available in May.
Do you know the dates you will be away?
Steve

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
we were hoping to get away for the whole of may, however if time is restricted at least 2-3 weeks so we can get to misterton

Jan 23, 2011
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
12 months
That would be fine for me.
I am hoping to take my first big trip away next month, to Spain, for about 6 weeks.
After that I am available for anything!
If you are interested, please feel free to p.m. me.

Steve

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi Steve C

Welcome to Fun...

I see you list gardening and bodging in your profile... you sound like the perfect man to do Roger´s fencing... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ :thumb:

I understand he pays one shot of JD's per 10 metres... (supply your own shot glass)

Jan 23, 2011
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
12 months
Hi JJ,
I do have my own shot glass(es)
If it can be bodged then I am almost capable of bodging to recognised bodging standards.
no promises mind
Are you in Spain at the mo?

Jan 23, 2011
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
12 months
oh right.
just next door, then
I was thinking it would be nice to have a look inside another iveco daily if I was passing by you.
One day, maybe

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
oh right.
just next door, then
I was thinking it would be nice to have a look inside another iveco daily if I was passing by you.
One day, maybe

You might have to move up from "Basic Bodging" to "Ultimate, Professional Bodging" before being ready for the inside of my Iveco... Steve... The Wagon is more a "work of art" than a conversion. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Sorry for going off topic on this thread)

JJ

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
You might have to move up from "Basic Bodging" to "Ultimate, Professional Bodging" before being ready for the inside of my Iveco... Steve... The Wagon is more a "work of art" than a conversion. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Sorry for going off topic on this thread)

JJ

think Tracy Emins "The Bed" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No

:Eeek: What do they need checking for? Just to make sure they're still alive? :ROFLMAO:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No

When I was a kid my Dad had a donkey like that. Over a year he trained it to eat a little less every day until he finally got it to eat nothing at all. It would have been very succesful but the inconsiderate b****r went and died after my Dad had put in all that work !

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Roger, when I lived on a farm as a child, cows needed MILKING?!!! :ROFLMAO:

We will be in Eire so not possible for us but nice opportunity for someone! All the best!, Ana

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Did you get this sorted Roger? I probably couldn't do more than a few days at a time due to electric, and work, but if you need someone to fill in across the month I could turn up a few times.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Did you get this sorted Roger? I probably couldn't do more than a few days at a time due to electric, and work, but if you need someone to fill in across the month I could turn up a few times.
Not sure but i think Roger has cancelled his plans and isnt going to the misterton meet now. :Sad:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi Neil, I really need one person there rather than a succession but thanks for the offer. We would still like to get away in may but it does depend on finding a sitter. So whilst I have currently cancelled misterton rather than take a place someone else could use. We would still like to get away.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Neil, I really need one person there rather than a succession but thanks for the offer. We would still like to get away in may but it does depend on finding a sitter. So whilst I have currently cancelled misterton rather than take a place someone else could use. We would still like to get away.
appologies for misinterpreting your misterton post re..cancelling...roger.

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no problem John, having been let down I hate to let others down I set myself a Goal this year of getting to the top of Scotland so if time is limited I shall have to content myself with that. I dislike letting anyone down. If things turn out different who knows I may come a calling at the meet.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Not sure but i think Roger has cancelled his plans and isnt going to the misterton meet now.

Oh....didn't realize...thanks John :Sad:

Understood Roger...let's hope something turns up :pray:

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
YOu (and others) might be interested in this site http://www.housecarers.com/
We have used this for two years and have arranged house and pet sitters almost free of charge. (i.e. aside from the price of insurance on our second car). In exchange for the use of your house people, often early retired who enjoy travelling, will look after your house and pets. We got 37 replies the last time we used it, all with references, which we insisted on. It works really well. We threw in the use of our second car and insured it for the sitters to give them some freedom.
We have two dogs but like to travel to Europe without them and enjoy the freedom to cycle, play golf and sleep late in the mornings!
Hope you get fixed up.
Mags

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Cheers Mags, but no house on the smallholding, we don't live there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back