Anger over motor home owners who dump their 'effluence' on the Burnham Explanade (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I think ... reading between the lines and reading the actual words between her and the other councillor regarding the Harley meet debacle, she is more than likely well known for opening her gob and spouting total rubbish. That councillor she was having the Harley exchange with, sounded a bit 'exasperated' didn't he? ROFL

How can anyone makes these two statements in the same discussion?

1. "Firstly they [bikers] are not good."
Not sure what they are not good at, or for? Would the Matlock Sunday traders agree that they aren't d'you think? Pete's a biker, so is that bloke John Smith and those other blokes on here with 2 wheeled voom vooms. Amongst em, I should think they have many talents! (not least of course the advanced ability to perform frequent 'Lifesavers' LOL and Miaow)

2. "Concerning the bikers she said: "While I know they are very nice people, I personally have seen too many resorts ruined by an inflow of bikers that dominate the area and have a devastating impact on tourism. That's not just my personal experience of West Bay and Cheddar but remember I am related to about 50 percent of the amusements around the coast of Britain and I am in contact with them all the time."

Does anyone know anywhere that has been devastated by Bikers? I do remember a few probs on the south coast being reported between Mods and Rockers - but nothing that springs to my mind since then and that was how long ago? Fifty years? And have to say as far as I know Brighton never actually shut !

However she's related to Fairgrounds and Arcades so that probably explains why she hasn't got a brain doesn't it? And I expect we should also take into account the fact that we - either as bikers or Moho users - probably don't make a beeline for such places (in fact as far as I am concerned I'd probably walk in the opposite direction!) in which case she's never even going to make a penny out of me - so OK fair enough I may devastate HER business - but a lot more DIFFERENT businesses will profit from my purse!

However - Burnham on Sea has always been a misnomer as far as I'm concerned - Burnham on Mud is more like it! The only time I've ever been there was when I was approx. 14 years old and I have no desire to ever go again !

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think ... reading between the lines and reading the actual words between her and the other councillor regarding the Harley meet debacle, she is more than likely well known for opening her gob and spouting total rubbish. That councillor she was having the Harley exchange with, sounded a bit 'exasperated' didn't he? ROFL

Not sure what they are not good at, or for? Would the Matlock Sunday traders agree that they aren't d'you think? Pete's a biker, so is that bloke John Smith and those other blokes on here with 2 wheeled voom vooms. Amongst em, I should think they have many talents! (not least of course the advanced ability to perform frequent 'Lifesavers' LOL and Miaow)

2. "Concerning the bikers she said: "While I know they are very nice people, I personally have seen too many resorts ruined by an inflow of bikers that dominate the area and have a devastating impact on tourism. That's not just my personal experience of West Bay and Cheddar but remember I am related to about 50 percent of the amusements around the coast of Britain and I am in contact with them all the time."

Does anyone know anywhere that has been devastated by Bikers? I do remember a few probs on the south coast being reported between Mods and Rockers - but nothing that springs to my mind since then and that was how long ago? Fifty years? And have to say as far as I know Brighton never actually shut !

However she's related to Fairgrounds and Arcades so that probably explains why she hasn't got a brain doesn't it? And I expect we should also take into account the fact that we - either as bikers or Moho users - probably don't make a beeline for such places (in fact as far as I am concerned I'd probably walk in the opposite direction!) in which case she's never even going to make a penny out of me - so OK fair enough I may devastate HER business - but a lot more DIFFERENT businesses will profit from my purse!

However - Burnham on Sea has always been a misnomer as far as I'm concerned - Burnham on Mud is more like it! The only time I've ever been there was when I was approx. 14 years old and I have no desire to ever go again !
Each to their own @sedge though I agree with the main of your post ref her big mouth and lack of brain both of which I have taken the trouble to email the town clerk about ..but fact is strange as it may seem to a lot of people I like Burnham on sea ..its compact and has some great little shops tucked away from the seafront..I will continue to spend some of my paltry pension there every year...Roy

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
strange as it may seem to a lot of people I like Burnham on sea ..its compact and has some great little shops tucked away from the seafront..I will continue to spend some of my paltry pension there every year...

And a great beach, ok the sea is a little shy but 'plus side' great for bracing walks which is great when that thing :)sun:) shines in our favour !! :dance2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

We went there once, doubt we will venture there ever again. A sad little town, we like to see the sea when we go to the seaside. For the most part of every day, Burnham on Sea could be prosecuted under the trades description act, there is no sea. :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
We went there once, doubt we will venture there ever again. A sad little town, we like to see the sea when we go to the seaside. For the most part of every day, Burnham on Sea could be prosecuted under the trades description act, there is no sea. :)

No taste that's your problem Jim its a great place to mooch . .hahaha.and you can get discounts in the pavilion if you tell the manageress that you are a poor motorhome owner ...

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Roy is completely right, not the 'sad little town' thing and a great 'place to mooch' (according to Ron)

If it were to be a 'wild camp spot' or an 'English rustic area' (think 'foreigner' ) the vision/version would be different. We spent a few days there last year and believe me we know this area as we have spent 'many a holiday here' as youngsters and as such are very quick to dismiss it but the weather was so sunny and warm it was as it should be. So don't be 'thrown' by said 'Councillor' it is a place to visit

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!

Well she is related to crooks then, because when I had a go last time on the 2p pushy machine a whole load of 2p's were pushed over the edge but only 4 actually came out of the slot!!!!

Last edited:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Another comment posted yesterday, thanks whoever you are. (y)

amigo4amigo 5:39pm Thu 18 Feb 16

I live in Spain and belong to a very large motorhome group of Spanish owners. When I discussed this with them at our last meeting they were very disappointed that you as a local newspaper failed to get the story from both sides before posting your article.
Whilst Councillor Miss Parkin has admitted that her claim that 90% of motorhome owners dump rubbish is inaccurate it does not put right what you have published for all to read implying that motorhome owners are disgusting people. The damage has been done!
What you have done infact is to make Spanish motorhome owners who visit UK every year avoid your lovely location and not spend their money in your town and local areas. I have no doubt this will be the same for all EU motorhomes and most of the UK owners as many belong to a well known UK forum and have read this article.
I will be interested to see if you write and publish another article about this after all the comments above mine reifying the incorrect information.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Far and wide her infamous comments have spread via this local news paper.. Hope they do publish the other side of the coin ...thanks for posting this on here. Mr 58

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Another on line publication from Burham on sea has got in on the act!

http://www.burnhamandhighbridgeweek...urnham_seafront_shows_no_sign_of_evaporating/
The original story was published by them a fortnight ago John. I've just commented on the fact that it is disappointing that they continue to publish inaccurate information.

I bet the reporter is loving it though as the comments made will be saving him a heck of a lot of work in finding something to publish :D

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
The original story was published by them a fortnight ago John. I've just commented on the fact that it is disappointing that they continue to publish inaccurate information.

I bet the reporter is loving it though as the comments made will be saving him a heck of a lot of work in finding something to publish :D

That reporter Graham is a little biased if I read that last tome from him right..Roy

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Burnham on Sea the movie would be great wouldn't it.
On a serious note though . Thanks to Graham and the others that stood up and were counted.
:dogthanks:

Reactions: LAM
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
I have just worked out why she is so upset......It's not us "motorhome" owners, It's "Mobile Homes"......

Stink over mobile homes parking on Burnham seafront shows no sign of evaporating

4746307.jpg

No Wonder they get pissed off....no toilet cassette on here!

Broken Link Removed

Now that's what I call a "Mobile Home". Google it, see what you get! ::bigsmile:

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Another comment posted yesterday, thanks whoever you are. (y)

amigo4amigo 5:39pm Thu 18 Feb 16

I live in Spain and belong to a very large motorhome group of Spanish owners. When I discussed this with them at our last meeting they were very disappointed that you as a local newspaper failed to get the story from both sides before posting your article.
Whilst Councillor Miss Parkin has admitted that her claim that 90% of motorhome owners dump rubbish is inaccurate it does not put right what you have published for all to read implying that motorhome owners are disgusting people. The damage has been done!
What you have done infact is to make Spanish motorhome owners who visit UK every year avoid your lovely location and not spend their money in your town and local areas. I have no doubt this will be the same for all EU motorhomes and most of the UK owners as many belong to a well known UK forum and have read this article.
I will be interested to see if you write and publish another article about this after all the comments above mine reifying the incorrect information.
I wonder who that was;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back