Anger over motor home owners who dump their 'effluence' on the Burnham Explanade (2 Viewers)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Payment for parking on the Esplanade only applies (allied to a maximum waiting time of 4 hours) during the hours of 9am to 6pm on each day from 1st April to 30th September inclusive (i.e. no overnight restriction at any time of the year). It is people parking legally without payment outside those hours that Councillor Parkin is objecting to.

EDIT. The e-mail address for the reporter is in the story linked to by the OP. Councillor Parkin's e-mail address is on the town council web site.
graham ive been walking my dogs there for years and really havent seen any mh parked there if she cant take any photos shes not going to walk a couple of miles up and down esplanade

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
graham ive been walking my dogs there for years and really havent seen any mh parked there if she cant take any photos shes not going to walk a couple of miles up and down esplanade
What she is reported to have said in the meeting and her response to me are both rubbish. I don't know what her problem is with motorhomes :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I wonder why she didn't take the opportunity to say that in the e-mail exchange I had with her (see #7 above). That excuse only arose when the follow-up story was published :D
Probably because she didn't realise that she'd made a total bellend of herself! :D

Edited to correct auto-correct!

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
well done graham its a typical council answer. i might go in and see her next time im there

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
I've seen lots of motorhomes parked overnight, both on the Esplanade and in the motorhome bays in the car park.
I haven't ever seen any rubbish dumped, though, and certainly no black waste.
Sounds like another self-important, self- serving busybody to me :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I've seen lots of motorhomes parked overnight, both on the Esplanade and in the motorhome bays in the car park.
I haven't ever seen any rubbish dumped, though, and certainly no black waste.
Sounds like another self-important, self- serving busybody to me :)

The problem is that unless people like her are made to be honest with their "observations" irreparable damage is caused ...

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
So that's my weekend sorted then.
M/bike into trailer and hooked up to the MH for a trip to park on the esplanade and ride my bike up and down outside the Pavillion. :moon2:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Better still, park your traction engine outside the Pavilion :LOL::LOL:

I'm sure I read on this thread that she had a friend with a traction engine.
Although, I must admit, the thought had crossed my mind to take it.
Don't want to be accused of befriending her and favouring her side of the argument. :Eeek:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Graham 1 : Idiot 0.

An unequal combat, let's hope the reporter delivers the coup de grace.
I shouldn't think so Brian. Like all reporters (from Burnham or any other place beginning with B) he will be most interested in filling white/screen space :D

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
From her comments about leaving her role it sounds like she was under a great deal of stress & not coping well so possibly made up or at least foolishly exaggerated her comments about motorhomers. Probably best for her that she is to step down for her own wellbeing as well as for the interests of those she represents. Don't think motorhomers will be put off from visiting Burnham as it has Highbridge Caravans just down the road which many travel for.

Reactions: DBK
Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
From her comments about leaving her role it sounds like she was under a great deal of stress & not coping well so possibly made up or at least foolishly exaggerated her comments about motorhomers. Probably best for her that she is to step down for her own wellbeing as well as for the interests of those she represents. Don't think motorhomers will be put off from visiting Burnham as it has Highbridge Caravans just down the road which many travel for.
It's not the first time she's been quoted having a go at motorhomers - it also happened 3 years ago.
She's also had a go a those with motorbikes, scooters and a food fair.

I think she needs to find a new hobby.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Well I think she may have got rid of us offending motorhomers, I just had a look at the Burnham on Sea webcam and there isn't a motorhome in sight LOL.

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back