Android software for motorhomes

Discussion in 'Computers' started by ShiftZZ, Apr 11, 2016.

1. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

I know there is a good apple package and there was some discussion on here about developing something. That now appears dead.

It it worth having another look at this?
    Would people be interested?
    Do we know what we want?
    Specifications?
    Do we have anyone capable of writing the software?

Thoughts.

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  3. chaser

chaser Funster

4. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

What do you want this app to do?

There is plenty of motorhome focused apps out there. Campercontact's app to find places to stop and several that will help you find lpg for example.

5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've looked into this extensively. Development costs for a pro app are pretty scary. The motorhome 'niche' is very small so the chances of losing money is high. A way around this is to use kickstarter or similar, this would give a bit of confidence at the development. I have a proposal part written for this, though to be honest I have little hope that it will raise enough which is why it keeps getting dumped to the bottom of my todo list.

I hoped to incorporate all my checklists, along with things like MPG, service schedules ect.

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

In addition to the niche market being small I wonder if the requirements that would require special software are also small. I've thought about it in idle moments from time to time but the subject has never had sufficient importance for me to start thinking about it in depth.
    I have a number of checklists which are simply Open Office text documents and don't need anything else. Those files can be easily saved (as PDFs if nothing else) on phone/tablet for use on the road if required.
    Service schedules are simply entries in my ordinary S Planner diary on my phone which remind me when to book services each year.
    We have calculated MPG and cost per night &c from time to time but generally don't bother.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

I saw something by @Don Quixote and was impressed.. It logs most stuff
    I have a spreadsheet, which logs the fuel and LPG etc Also a list of stuff that we need for the van a check list.. I wish @Don Quixote would come online and remind me of the software,,

8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

@ShiftZZ been walking the north Norfolk coast, so only just got back in. The app you are asking about is called Road Trip HD, but it's only for iPad not android.