Android phone at Argos looks good to me (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I got it from a tip on here. It seemed to offer all I needed I'm - not a gamer (except scrabble) just wanted a reliable browser and to be able to go on social media and Spotify. Needed a cheap phone. Going onnthr road tomorrow so was in a hurry.
Yes I screwed up applying the plastic screen protector and wanted another one. The hard case they provide goes on the back. I need a wallet type holder as I always drop them. Haven't been able to get one any where as its not a big branded name ,. Apparently a Samsung 6 inch job might do it (the full size front is ,6 inches) i am currently using a bubble wrap bag! Ah well I'll deter thieves I guess.
Will report on progress of the phone. So far I love the big screen and have got all the apps I need even Microsoft word free!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I got it from a tip on here. It seemed to offer all I needed I'm - not a gamer (except scrabble) just wanted a reliable browser and to be able to go on social media and Spotify. Needed a cheap phone. Going onnthr road tomorrow so was in a hurry.
Yes I screwed up applying the plastic screen protector and wanted another one. The hard case they provide goes on the back. I need a wallet type holder as I always drop them. Haven't been able to get one any where as its not a big branded name ,. Apparently a Samsung 6 inch job might do it (the full size front is ,6 inches) i am currently using a bubble wrap bag! Ah well I'll deter thieves I guess.
Will report on progress of the phone. So far I love the big screen and have got all the apps I need even Microsoft word free!
You can get screen protector stuff in large pieces and just cut to size

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not much use to you now if you are going away, but think this will fit
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=141899397994&globalID=EBAY-GB

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Got iphone 4s for €49.99, new. ;)

Oatsy

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Herts
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks Dave and Minxy Girl for the info re disabling adblock, etc. It all worked fine once I disabled Ghostery - Amazon was one of the trackers it was blocking.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The Argos phone as just gone down £10, £99.99 now

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Haha my Bush spira D2 mobile all of 2 days old has just died on me!
I recharged it with a kindle lead which fit. First instruction on the back of the battery is 'ONLY recharge with Bush recharge lead'
Whoops
Thank god I paid for a years warranty with Argos!! Can't claim it for a month though as we're travelling around France. Back to my ailing iPhone now!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I recharged it with a kindle lead which fit. First instruction on the back of the battery is 'ONLY recharge with Bush recharge lead'
Whoops
Thank god I paid for a years warranty with Argos!! Can't claim it for a month though as we're travelling around France. Back to my ailing iPhone now!
Sorry to hear that, and they have gone down in price by £20, nearly went to get one this afternoon, have you tried taking the battery out and in then charge it with the proper lead, I suppose you have tried holding the on off button in for about 30 seconds, that works with quite a few android tablets.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
i bought a lenovo( chinese 5.5 screen, dual sim, 64 g card.
worked great in the states, only bad thing is camera is not that good.
but atjust under £40 i can live with that.

@ianandkath I purchased a lenovo and agree that the pictures were bad. However it was the pre loaded app that was the problem not the hardware. I downloaded the google camera from the play store and the photos have improved dramatically.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
@ianandkath I purchased a lenovo and agree that the pictures were bad. However it was the pre loaded app that was the problem not the hardware. I downloaded the google camera from the play store and the photos have improved dramatically.
thanks ill try that app

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Sorry to hear that, and they have gone down in price by £20, nearly went to get one this afternoon, have you tried taking the battery out and in then charge it with the proper lead, I suppose you have tried holding the on off button in for about 30 seconds, that works with quite a few android tablets.
Thanks so much chaser
This worked!!!

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
I liked it . Everything worked fine. Quick operation and clear definition I thought. Music was ok, even the camera for close by stuff. Just don't forget to use only the Bush recharger. Haha

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Whoops

I may be wrong but the lead should not make any difference. I have many and they all charge phones but they don't all transfer data. This applies to mini and micro USB cables.

What power supply were you using?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I may be wrong but the lead should not make any difference. I have many and they all charge phones but they don't all transfer data. This applies to mini and micro USB cables.

What power supply were you using?
Yeah I think what's happened, it didn't damage your phone, just didn't charge it for some reason, and it had gone really dead flat, it will be ok.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
The power supply was 250 volt hook up on French camp site converted for English plugs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back