Andorra - is it worth a detour? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Tick it of the list of 'been there?' Ps Lourdes is worse
Don't worry ... did Lourdes a few years ago ... waited patiently in the queue for ages to see 'something' ... though it was an entrance to the lower levels of the church ... was very disappointed to find it was just a bit of a cave!:rolleyes:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best forget the so called big special places . travel on small roads with an open mind . expect nothing and its amazing the best things are in quiet villages etc and the main tourists never get to see them.
its incredible how many little villages have secrets and tales to tell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mustaphapint

Free Member
Oct 9, 2015
Worcestershire and Brittany
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Just starting
Shame you missed out on the scenery on the road into France. The best part for me is well away from the shopping areas. It's a pleasant drive up the main through road, especially if you drive over the pass instead of the tunnel. But probably not much point if the weather was crap. I didn't think much of the alternate route avoiding Andorra though. I remember the road surface being full of potholes and it was quite busy.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
best forget the so called big special places . travel on small roads with an open mind . expect nothing and its amazing the best things are in quiet villages etc and the main tourists never get to see them.
its incredible how many little villages have secrets and tales to tell.
Yup, agree there ... we've stumbled upon many lovely places purely by chance. We tend to avoid using motorways and fast roads due to our Lily's panicking (she hates motorways, bridges and fly-overs especially, tunnels ... since being scared on a ferry) but she love little side roads where she can watch the scenery and wildlife as we travel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back