Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
Have a great time you will find it much easier in your motorhome, we have just had our last trip over the water its Blighty from now on !! .

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Woohoo! We are on our way! Our first overseas trip with a Motorhome. Currently on the M4 heading towards Dover and then kip overnight before our ferry at 10.15 tomorrow morning. We have two nights booked at Neufchâtel en Bray then.....wherever! I have downloaded an app called Track My Tour and will be updating it each night so friends and family can follow on Facebook. Ridiculously excited, seriously, if I had a tail it would be wagging furiously now! :clap: :roflmto:

Have a great time ! Just looking at our first European trip for later this year...

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Watch out for the man on the push bike at Neufchatel en Bray !
image.jpg
You mean this one??? Lovely place! In the brasserie now!

Mar 29, 2015
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Enjoy x I can't wait for the day I post that I'm off to France in the motorhome Hopefully next year (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I'm not sure I can call my waffling a blog, so I'll just keep adding my ramblings on here if that's ok?
So, we can definitely recommend Camping St.Claire at Neufchâtel en Bray. We are on the actual campsite, which was €19 a night inc 10amp leccy. The Aire bit is only €12 a night but you can't book there, it's a take a chance gamble that we weren't ready for! Glad we are here now, it's lovely and peaceful and Ron is merrily feeding the ducks (and causing a turf warfare by the sound of it). We ate in the on site Brasserie last night which was delicious, three courses each and a bottle of wine for less than €50. Today dawned wet and miserable, although still very warm, so we decided to brave the drizzle and cycle to Leclerc to top up the wine supplies. I'm loving my new bike but unfortunately poor old Ron is struggling with his knackered old penny farthing! I can see us shopping for a new bike before very long...
Heading south tomorrow so I'll update again when 'wee fee' permits!
Au revoir mes amies!
image.jpg

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
watch out we are sending all your school kids to find you:devil:. and they will all be wearing saints shirts. :roflmto::roflmto: have a great time.

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Finally have some 'wee fee'! Several days of hot sun and the one night that the village are putting on 'moules frites' and a free movie the heavens open! We may have to adjourn to the tabac in the village for a few local beers. We are at a campsite in the Valley du Loir that we have been coming to for the past ten years. It's lovely to be somewhere where people know you and is as familiar as a comfy pair of slippers, but our usual pitch seems oddly quiet without the family. In fact the whole trip is a little strange for us, we aren't used to our own company! We are moving on tomorrow to Chinon as I have long wanted to visit the castle that has played such a role in both French and English medieval history. Just hope by going south we get the sun again, I can't abide his moans!!! Á tout á l'heure mes amies! Xx

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Chinon is very pretty. Rather disappointed by the castle, far too much renovation it just feels somewhat 'antiseptic' now, no feel of history. We are staying the night at the municipal site across the river from the castle. Tomorrow we head for Oradour-sur-Glane, which will be terribly sad but I really do want to visit. We plan on staying overnight at an site near the castle of Châlus. I do love my castles I do!!

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Back in the van now after a very long walk around Oradour-sur-Glane. Such a terribly sad place. I'm glad I've seen it, but I don't think I'll be back. The exhibition about the massacre was very interesting but the one showing all the faces and names of the victims was hard to watch. So many little children! Definitely need a boost tomorrow so will head further south in the hope of some sun!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hope your both having a lovely time. It's been raining since 12oclock here. Grey and miserable. We're very envious of you being in France. Next year , it's on our list for sure !

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Well, today was interesting! Left Oradour and headed south, plan (loosely) being to visit the castle at Châlus before going to a campsite in the Dordogne for a few days. Got to Châlus and found the castle closed (it was lunchtime!) so wandered into town to find somewhere to wait. A pub seemed the obvious choice and so we stopped for lunch. Got chatting to a delightful couple who are staying at Parc Verger. After lunch we struggled back up the hill, only to find the castle still shut. If I had read the notice properly I would have seen that it's closed all day Monday. Great. So, we have decided to come to the lovely Parc Verger for a few days and visit the castle as we leave! We have had a wonderfully warm welcome from @happycamper and were only disappointed that we have come a day too late to meet the lovely @yodeli ! All set up now, bring on the wine and merriment!

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Afternoon all! We are still at Parc Verger, as the weather has been atrocious! We have been busy scouring maps and websites trying to decide where to go next. It's a little bit like standing in a huge sweetshop, far too much choice! We have finally decided to head for the Gorge du Tarn, as the pictures look amazing. Our only parameters are that we need to be over the border into Germany in a weeks time! Desperate for some sun now. At this rate the only brown we will get is rust! Still, the weather forecast is promising a return to summer sun from Sunday. It had better be right, Ron is getting on my nerves moaning about the rain!

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Glad you are enjoying Gerri, but if the weathers rubbish can't you dash South?

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Glad you are enjoying Gerri, but if the weathers rubbish can't you dash South?
Did think of that, but we have been keeping an eye on the weather there too, seems this swathe of rain is across quite a wide area. Secondly we don't want to go too far south as we have to be in Germany to meet up with Ron's son. Have checked the weather at Florac (near where we are going tomorrow) and it's much dryer! I'm sure I can cope with his moaning for one more day! It's all new to us, quite different from the past 10 years here with a caravan! Can't wait to do it again but hopefully with other Funsters for company!

OP
OP
Ockerron
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Finally settled with some wifi! It's been a fantastic few days. The Gorge du Tarn was spectacular, but the roads were terrifying and I couldn't wait to leave, especially after a slight altercation with a French Van driver and clipped mirrors! We ended up at a gorgeous site called Le Vaubarlet just south of St. Etienne. Not the cheapest but so fab we stayed 5 nights. Weather was fantastic so felt like a proper holiday! Finally left there and made for Dole, as recommended by @Mousy (thank you poppet, it was awesome!) and after a night there headed into Germany. We decided on a campsite first, by Freiburg. It was nice, and had outstanding facilities so we stayed two nights. Then I heard @NickNic was arriving locally so we headed off to the Stellplatz for an evening with Funster company! And very nice it was too! Another fabulous suggestion from the forum saw us pootling northwards towards the Rhine and we are now settled in Bacharach for a couple of nights. Weather still beautiful, beer still delicious and we are still talking so all is well!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
G

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
will bank up a load of rain in pembrey for you and Ron but only over your m/h sun shine for all the other funsters on that meeting pisssssssssssssing down with welsh rain better than that French rain lol still lol ray dark in Swansea now

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back