And the weather in Murcia today is appalling! (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Blowing a gale, torrential rain, thunder, lightening - flood warnings. Temperature has dropped by 20 degrees in 2 days. I was swimming in the Med 2 days ago. Now we're sitting in the van and the dog has demanded we switch the electric fire on! :(

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
In the Cabo De Gata, thunder and rain early Morning, then sun came out until around 3.00pm now raining again and forecast Tomorrow looks worse. :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
People fainting on the sun kissed golden beaches of Skegness today, with the heat! (y)(y)(y)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Dry but overcast at Almunecar but rain forecast for tomorrow

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Blowing a gale, torrential rain, thunder, lightening - flood warnings. Temperature has dropped by 20 degrees in 2 days. I was swimming in the Med 2 days ago. Now we're sitting in the van and the dog has demanded we switch the electric fire on! :(

Honest I did try but I just can't stop smiling. -----as I dont set of for more two weeks.

Tough titty's:pray:

Jun 23, 2011
Pedreguer, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2011
Since eleven o´clock last night we´ve had 128 mm of rain, stopped at the moment but looks like there´s more to come.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
What a difference an hour makes. Totana now.

Looking west into the sun
IMG_1215.JPG

Looking east towards a Funster
IMG_1216.JPG

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Well it has been a bitingly cold wind in the Alentejo today,eased a bit as the day went on but still chillly,sunny all day but fire on now it's getting dark,rain forecast later in the week.Funny old world innit!!

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
The return to Winter weather is supposed to last until next Sunday!
The fireworks were cancelled this afternoon as too dangerous and they are really worried about the Falla in the city centre being seriously damaged as it is so tall! :cry:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
20Deg in the sun in Dorset today.... :sun::Grin:

But rain forecast for the rest of the week... :crying1:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The return to Winter weather is supposed to last until next Sunday!
The fireworks were cancelled this afternoon as too dangerous and they are really worried about the Falla in the city centre being seriously damaged as it is so tall! :cry:

I've got rain forecast tomorrow until about 6pm then again Wednesday until around 12noon. Then just sun /cloud until weekend full sun. looks to be worse up your way.

Certainly not good for the Fallas if you are getting the wind we had today.:(

OP
OP
bellabee
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We were travelling from Aguilas to Altea, yesterday, but because of the atrocious driving conditions, pulled off the motorway at Marjal Costa Blanca. Not our idea of an ideal campsite, but a safe haven, with underfloor heating in the shower blocks. Rain was torrential again in the night, but the weather's just grey and windy now, so we're going to press on to Altea.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We were travelling from Aguilas to Altea, yesterday, but because of the atrocious driving conditions, pulled off the motorway at Marjal Costa Blanca. Not our idea of an ideal campsite, but a safe haven, with underfloor heating in the shower blocks. Rain was torrential again in the night, but the weather's just grey and windy now, so we're going to press on to Altea.
Agree about Marjal, however they have the best doggie facilities I have ever seen on a site - even a dedicated doggie bedding washing machine in the doggie bathroom and a mobile vet. Hope the weather clears up soon - it's just not normal is it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
More heavy rain and gusting winds during the night at Totana.
Even with the levelling jacks down we were rocking.
This morning it is grey and drizzly but the wind has dropped a bit.

Forecast for tomorrow onwards is back to the usual sun. (y):D

Richard.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
In our village a little inland on the Costa Blanca North yesterday we had 126mm of rain yesterday.
To put it another way, that's 126 litres of water on each square metre of ground.
That is a just a lunatic amount of rain.
But today, clouds clearing and sun staring to peep out again.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Presently at El Rocio, Andalucia, breezy showery morning the sun came out to play at 14.00hrs and temperature is now up in the 20's

Reactions: f6c

Pete n Bex

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass,Avantgarde
Exp
Since 1990
Back to normal here in Calpe! Yesterday was a bit wild&wet!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
nice in galecia and as been for awhile . best weather in records for this area this year. bit of a swell for surfing but like a uk summer most days. at caion just west of coruna today. lovely .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Should have stayed here ,sun last night & barely a drizzle here today.:LOL: Back to:sun::sun:tomorrow.
This may give people some idea of just how much rain we got yesterday:

https://thexpatnews.com/2017/03/14/the-rainiest-24-hours-in-the-21st-century/
Hopefully you'll have mopped up (y)before I have to come up on Thursday please ?:)

nice in galecia and as been for awhile . best weather in records for this area this year. bit of a swell for surfing but like a uk summer most days. at caion just west of coruna today. lovely .

Yes ,they've got the opposite problem I was reading some weeks back. A lack of rainfall & the driest winter for God knows how many centuries.:D2

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back