And about time too

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by PhilandMena, Sep 30, 2015.

1. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

The National Caravan Council (NCC) is launching a verified leisure battery scheme at the NEC this October. In essence they will select branded new leisure batteries and subject the them to independent tests at a certified test house.

The batteries will then be given a grade of 1., 2, 0r 3.

I. For frequent off hook-up use, i.e. wild camping.
    2.For occasional off hook-up for those who mostly use camp sites but also a limited amount of use off grid.
    3. For use where hook-up is used most of the time.

This will put the cat amongst the pigeons and give users the information they have been seeking for years.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Peter A Forbes

Peter A Forbes Funster

As long as the batteries are bought in anonymously.....

Peter

3. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Yes it does seem that everyone's batteries are the best and we have had no way of knowing if this is true, some of the big names may get a run for there money from not so big names?

4. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

I hear Volkswagon Batteries are favorite with test results showing a 55amp hr running a 1000 watt microwave and 12v electric kettle for 5 1/2 months before reaching 11.9 volts these are expected to retail at an alleged £6.99 but I find that hard to believe
    G

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cleve

Cleve Funster

Going to be to late for me. I need to buy my battery (ies) in the very near future. Looked at the Megastore this morning and Hancooks looked promising. Thinking of going for 125 amps.

Sadly I do not speak or read German so if anyone knows the correct leisure and starter battery combination for a vintage Hymer 540 DS (1982) Helen the Hymer and I will be pleased to know.

I am off to her this afternoon with the battery charger and hopefully be able to take her for a short run to keep the wheels turning.

• Like Like x 1