An update from BiggusPeckus. (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a DOPE! I've just typed a zillion words (felt like!) but posted it on my own column under all your welcoming mssgs (well, there woz a few, lol). Wot a prize plonka! So, is there any way I can retrieve it from there, to here,,, or, do I havta type it all agin? Cant face doin that rite now,,, think I'll have a beer, or ten?!

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
igguspeckus,,, our MoHo is READY!!! Hi Funsters & thanks for the welcome mssgs. We're off to Hitchin 2moz (ont t'train) to collect NoName MoHo, it's been a 3 week wait so we're quite excited. The dealer had a tough time sorting the fault; the hab auto step,,, wldn't,,, sometimes it wld retract but most times it wldn't, they removed the whole assembly & got the motor & switch gear tested, it came back with a 100% pass, so then they had to look at the leckietronics. A fone call to the pre owner, who bought the vehicle brand new, revealed the unit failed under warranty?! He said several garages tried to sort it but all of em failed, in the end he said E got fed up with it, retracted it manually, pulled the fuse & used an old caravan step instead,! He'll be a rare beast Borr, on any horizon?! Anyway, hats off to Hitchin (Venture Caravans?), they said they'd fix it, & they have, probably with gritted teeth (must've cost em a packet?) but they kept us informed & were always polite & pleasant. So, 2moz it all happens, givus a wave if ya see a AT Scout headin Narfuk way,,, you'll know its us; driver'll be ashen faced, wide eyed an white knuckled?!!! :eek: Bigguspeckus'sus signing off,,, till next time. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
igguspeckus,,, our MoHo is READY!!! Hi Funsters & thanks for the welcome mssgs. We're off to Hitchin 2moz (ont t'train) to collect NoName MoHo, it's been a 3 week wait so we're quite excited. The dealer had a tough time sorting the fault; the hab auto step,,, wldn't,,, sometimes it wld retract but most times it wldn't, they removed the whole assembly & got the motor & switch gear tested, it came back with a 100% pass, so then they had to look at the leckietronics. A fone call to the pre owner, who bought the vehicle brand new, revealed the unit failed under warranty?! He said several garages tried to sort it but all of em failed, in the end he said E got fed up with it, retracted it manually, pulled the fuse & used an old caravan step instead,! He'll be a rare beast Borr, on any horizon?! Anyway, hats off to Hitchin (Venture Caravans?), they said they'd fix it, & they have, probably with gritted teeth (must've cost em a packet?) but they kept us informed & were always polite & pleasant. So, 2moz it all happens, givus a wave if ya see a AT Scout headin Narfuk way,,, you'll know its us; driver'll be ashen faced, wide eyed an white knuckled?!!! :eek: Bigguspeckus'sus signing off,,, till next time. :)
Your step problem sounds very similar to the one that @Jaws had with his autotrail...... can't remember how he fixed it. Probably sailors language, a big hammer and a pitchfork/flaming torch....

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
HEY! MAGIC! Thank you SO much, really gobsmacked how quick ya'll responded. Wadda lovely bunch ya'all are. Mmwah.xx

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Your step problem sounds very similar to the one that @Jaws had with his autotrail...... can't remember how he fixed it. Probably sailors language, a big hammer and a pitchfork/flaming torch....
So Jaws is from Narfuk too,,, spells it wrong thou Borr,,, "Naarfoook"?! Wees gart a lart'a them in Narfuk Borr, " eyes caint reed nar rite butt eye'cn driiv a trrakta". Like eyes sed afor; wees gart mor shit un sense dun ear Borr, but'un thart don meen wees all feckun stupud?!!!:unsure: :LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
So Jaws is from Narfuk too,,, spells it wrong thou Borr,,, "Naarfoook"?! Wees gart a lart'a them in Narfuk Borr, " eyes caint reed nar rite butt eye'cn driiv a trrakta". Like eyes sed afor; wees gart mor shit un sense dun ear Borr, but'un thart don meen wees all feckun stupud?!!!:unsure: :LOL:
A lot of people in Norfolk.......... must be a good reason for it.

You do need a suitable avatar, though. Suggest you ask around the Funsters for one..........but I'm not saying that you would like the suggestions

Here is my suggestion....... the duck hunting season may have just started.....:imoutahere:

IMG_1587.JPG

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

You do need a suitable avatar, though. Suggest you ask around the Funsters for one..........but I'm not saying that you would like the suggestions

Here is my suggestion....... the duck hunting season may have just started.....:imoutahere:

View attachment 131281
Wossa avatar Borr? un wos thart fella Bernerd gart'a do wiv'ut?!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I aint spelling Naarrfook wrong.. I am spelling the way all us incomers spell it !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Forgot.. Mine turned out to be a fault in the EM50 unit.. A duff circuit board.
The EM50 is a secondary unit that usually has a red LED glowing all the time

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I really MUST start wearing shoes !

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I aint spelling Naarrfook wrong.. I am spelling the way all us incomers spell it ![/QUOTE. Wellus all'ta mor reesun ta'spel ut rite en Borr, joiin'us Narfukuns rite gud'un prroop'your. Whelkum ta Narfuk Borr, rite glad'ta hav'ya, bit mourun brains dun ear du'us world'a gud.

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We know they fitted a new "step motor & relay" but that didn't cure the fault. Last we heard they'd ordered a new "control unit" but have no idea exactly which, we'll get the details tomorrow & I'll write them up. Thanks for your input. Regards, James.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wellus all'ta mor reesun ta'spel ut rite en Borr, joiin'us Narfukuns rite gud'un prroop'your. Whelkum ta Narfuk Borr, rite glad'ta hav'ya, bit mourun brains dun ear du'us world'a gud.

Yep.. Only been here 46 years so still just an incomer.. Gimme another 40 year or so and I will maybe fit in a bit better :)

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Im in north Norfolk at the moment in little snoring , listening to my better half at the moment we are not going to be welcome , even the fireworks have stopped because of the noise.

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

View attachment 131281
So, due'ya think I'm a bit of a turkey DuxDe?!!

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi Jaws', you're spot on; they fitted a new unit but said it was a EM500, wotever,,, EM50 or 500, wos inna "O"?! Tar for ya help.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Jaws', you're spot on; they fitted a new unit but said it was a EM500, wotever,,, EM50 or 500, wos inna "O"?! Tar for ya help.

The EM500 does the same thing.. it is just the sparkly new version ( and just as overly complicated as the EM50 ! LOL )

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back