Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Website Help' started by Angharad, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Angharad

Angharad Read Only Funster

Will be going to Amsterdam in a few weeks, has anyone used the aires or
    recommend camp sites.

2. Happy Phantom

Happy Phantom Read Only Funster

We love Holland and have been several times, we stay at Delft Haut which is about 20 mins on train from Amsterdam, lovely site walking distance in Delft and trams available to lots of different places. There is a large parkland area right by the park with a lake you can bathe in and lots of cycle tracks. We used camping cheques.

• Like Like x 1
  3. chaser

chaser Funster

we have just this min arrived at the amsterdamcitysite,18 euros a night with free ferry to town centre
    free wifi as well. Im on it how

• Like Like x 2
  4. chaser

chaser Funster

Right got me ipad wified now I was on my phone in the last post, this site http://www.amsterdamcitycamp.nl will tell you all about it but it is very easy to get to off the motorway about a mile on a quiet road , friendly guy at the gate lets you in and supposedly we have to walk 700 yds to a free ferry that takes you to the town, let you know about that when we have done it in about an hour after a cup of tea(y);)
    Ps nowt for Belgium

• Like Like x 3
  5. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi we have stayed at the city camp mentioned above, it was ideal for visiting the city. Its a big car park Aire style place with a security fence all the way round, when we stayed there was no attendant you just paid at a machine.with credit or debit card. The machine gives you a receipt with bar code which is supposed to give you 100L of water per 24 hours but the barcode reader didn't work so just helped yourself to as much water. The price of €15 included EHU and wifi.

To get to the city you have about a 5-10 minute walk along flat pavements to reach the ferry, the ferry runs 3 or 4 times an hour until 10pm the twice and hour its free to use and takes 15 minutes to central train station.

I would personally use this site again.

• Like Like x 2
  6. chaser

chaser Funster

Just got back, all as lorger says, rough under foot , but suits us fine and the ferry takes you right into town , if you want fancy , probably not for you but if you want somewhere to stay in Amsterdam City centre for 15 euros it's the dogs !!!!!!!!!!
    I would also definitely use it again, btw there is probably 50 vans on here but there are numbered pitches to 100 so plenty room(y)(y)(y)(y)

7. Spottycatz

Spottycatz Read Only Funster

8. sedge

sedge Funster