Amethyst Leisure Battery, ZIG Charger problem (1 Viewer)

interworld

Free Member
Jan 22, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
amethyst
Exp
6 months
Hi, I am pretty new to Motorhomes.
I have an Autosleeper Amethyst with charging problems :Sad:.
Just had a new Alternator and Leisure Battery fitted and after a good run I find that the leisure battery has not been charged.
I have charged it fully using a standard car trickle charger.
Today I connected the Motorhome to the mains and neither the battery "full" or the battery "empty" led's lit on the zig panel.
I have checked the zig fuses - they are OK
The "mains" light (on the same fuse as the zig) is working so I am assuming that is OK too
Now I am at a loss - any assistance or ideas would be gratefully received :helpsos: Many thanks for reading.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun. sounds like there is a switch you need to find to enable charging as opposed to main, someone with the same van will no doubt comment shortly.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi if memory is right the switch needs to rock over to to charge the l /b -It is on a rocker - one way charges L/B and the middle is off and the other way charges the cab battery
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Amethyst.

Not sure how old your Amethyst is but I have the 1995 Amethyst.
Whilst this note refers to mains charging and not charging from the alternator, it may be of help in the future to you.
We originally could not locate the charger, not even had the help of Hilldweller from this Forum. We were told it was in various places and finally found it under the fridge. It was faulty and I had to buy a new unit from Autosleeper. It would only fit with the removal of a few filler pieces of carpet covered wood and trimming a little off the inside of the wooden door. It now works fine. I would guess, being a coachbuilt that there are many variants of the Amethyst due to their constant improvements.
Mark in the service department at Autosleeper is very helpful and knowledgeable about older Autosleepers.

The info below is just copied from the notes I made last year at the time I purchased the charger:

Replacement charger for x7, is CE 18amp part number ET 12/21 £95 plus vat. Only has two spades. Connect both positives together and both negatives together to new charger then connect charger to ceramic block. (I think ours is plastic).
Charger was definitely Zig Unit x7
New Charger is CTSAN 18amp
The only difference now is the charging indicator light on the panel over the door does not work. I was warned about this by AS.

Cost was £125 inc Post and vat in February 2010.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back