RS SPIKE

Free Member
Oct 8, 2014
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
ELDDIS SUNSTYLE 140
Exp
I'm looking for somewhere to park in that area,can anyone recommend anywhere (wild or site)
I'm in britstops but there doesn't seem to be anything close
Thanks in advance :)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
There used to be the nearest thing to an Aire I've ever seen in England, next to the public car park about 2-300 yards short of Ambleside, as you enter town from the south, using the lower road (lakeside). Don't know if it still there as we haven't been up to the Lakes for a couple of years. Very handy for town and walks. Gary

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I've stayed on a little site outside Ambleside on the B5343.. turn off a skelwith bridge and on out past Elterwater. There is also a parking spot at Elterwater just on the other side of the road overlooking the village..

My favourite spot is wrynose pass but access is tight getting there if you are in a larger mh... (I'm Ford transit van size ) ..maybe a bit further from Ambleside than you want,but a really lovely area..
Ta Andy. .

Upvote 0
Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The aire Ambleside is closed now. There is a pay and display car park beside the marina at Bo'ness on Windermere where you can overnight, you do have to buy an overnight ticket though, think it's about £7.

Upvote 0

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Just dont go to the hill of oaks near bowness, complete rip off

Upvote 0

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
There used to be the nearest thing to an Aire I've ever seen in England, next to the public car park about 2-300 yards short of Ambleside, as you enter town from the south, using the lower road (lakeside). Don't know if it still there as we haven't been up to the Lakes for a couple of years. Very handy for town and walks. Gary

Sorry the local council closed it. You can stop in the car park but expensive you have to pay for all bays used. Pete

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back