LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am thinking of making a purchase on Amazon, but the goods are being supplied by Wowcamera, so who is my contract with if the purchase goes wrong?

Ta.

No pirates were involved in the process of making this posting..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
From recent experience I wouldn't order from anyone other than Amazon direct - Prime I think it's called.

I ordered a Weber BBQ for my Step fathers birthday. His birthday was 9 th July and I ordered it 22nd June with a delivery date of 30th June at latest.

It was finally delivered last week.

Unacceptable and embarrassing.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
From experience I can tell you that if there is any problem with their 'associate' supplier Amazon will put you through to the subsidiary to try to resolve it. ALWAYS DO IT VIA AMAZON. If this does not resolve it then Amazon will take it on and resolve it and, in my experience, to complete satisfaction.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I did open a dispute, but I didn't want a dispute I just wanted the bloody item delivered.

Amazon are pretty good and this was the first time I had been let down , well second actually because a second order with a different seller for an accessory for the Weber was late as well although not as late as the Weber itself.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Amazon Marketplace is basically Amazon trying to compete with eBay - many of the items on offer there are simultaneously listed on eBay by the same sellers. I get the impression from the T&Cs (that Jim has linked to above) that eBay would give the seller a harder time if they didn't deliver, and they have a buyer protection scheme.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back