Amazed How Some Companies Exist. (1 Viewer)

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
Some 5 years ago I had to have two of my three Decals replaced on my Motorhome purchasing them through a Company Motique Plastics. In June of this year my third Decal became a mess and so I wished to order another ( £50 a go). I went on the Web to contact them through their Web Page only to find it down with Under Construction being the only title. Lucky for me I had saved one of the emails and made contact. Keeping the story brief this week I again came to contact the company and again went searching for their Web Site and still with the same message. I carried out further searches of the company which indicated they were still at the same location and Trading. I then made further enquires at the Trading Estate registered as their address to be informed they had not been there for some months but was provided with a new Trading Estate they thought they had moved onto.
Making enquires around the new location came up with nothing and so I decided to ring their number I had from years ago. A swift answer was received stating i had the right company. I then asked the person if they were still trading and obviously he asked why. I told him their web site has been under construction for at least 6 months and company checks still show them at another address how do you expect customers to contact them unless as in my case I had a phone number from past transactions.
His response was "Well what is it you want". Anyway rant over and do not think I will be doing business with them.

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Well if you aren't happy with their service, and I can understand why, then voting with your feet is the right answer.......provided you can find another supplier? Reminds me of a time years back when I had a lovely Alfa Romeo Alfasud with long decals down each side. Some clown ran into the side of me coming out of a junction and the car had to be repaired and repainted. Naturally, I asked, and expected, the garage to get hold of the genuine article decals. When I got the car back (lovely paint job) the original decal on the driver's side said Alfa Romeo Alfasud TiX. The new one on the other side said Alpha Romeo............

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
This company hold the majority of decals for Autotrail & possibly other makes going back many years. I requested the templates as I want to replace all the aqua blue & some of the chrome/silver decals on my comanche. They very kindly sent me pdf files (not to scale or any measurements) of all they had for that year. I have to then note the number of each ones I require & they would then send an estimate. At £50 each it's gonna cost me a fortune!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just out of interest,couldnt a signwriter,privately do them for you? I have no idea about cost but to signwrite two of my vans for work the cost was 350 and there was quite a bit of it,,

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back