Amazed How Some Companies Exist.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Sweet Chariot, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

Some 5 years ago I had to have two of my three Decals replaced on my Motorhome purchasing them through a Company Motique Plastics. In June of this year my third Decal became a mess and so I wished to order another ( £50 a go). I went on the Web to contact them through their Web Page only to find it down with Under Construction being the only title. Lucky for me I had saved one of the emails and made contact. Keeping the story brief this week I again came to contact the company and again went searching for their Web Site and still with the same message. I carried out further searches of the company which indicated they were still at the same location and Trading. I then made further enquires at the Trading Estate registered as their address to be informed they had not been there for some months but was provided with a new Trading Estate they thought they had moved onto.
    Making enquires around the new location came up with nothing and so I decided to ring their number I had from years ago. A swift answer was received stating i had the right company. I then asked the person if they were still trading and obviously he asked why. I told him their web site has been under construction for at least 6 months and company checks still show them at another address how do you expect customers to contact them unless as in my case I had a phone number from past transactions.
    His response was "Well what is it you want". Anyway rant over and do not think I will be doing business with them.

2. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

Well if you aren't happy with their service, and I can understand why, then voting with your feet is the right answer.......provided you can find another supplier? Reminds me of a time years back when I had a lovely Alfa Romeo Alfasud with long decals down each side. Some clown ran into the side of me coming out of a junction and the car had to be repaired and repainted. Naturally, I asked, and expected, the garage to get hold of the genuine article decals. When I got the car back (lovely paint job) the original decal on the driver's side said Alfa Romeo Alfasud TiX. The new one on the other side said Alpha Romeo............

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brightspark

Brightspark Funster

This company hold the majority of decals for Autotrail & possibly other makes going back many years. I requested the templates as I want to replace all the aqua blue & some of the chrome/silver decals on my comanche. They very kindly sent me pdf files (not to scale or any measurements) of all they had for that year. I have to then note the number of each ones I require & they would then send an estimate. At £50 each it's gonna cost me a fortune!!

4. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

Just out of interest,couldnt a signwriter,privately do them for you? I have no idea about cost but to signwrite two of my vans for work the cost was 350 and there was quite a bit of it,,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  6. ianthebuilder

ianthebuilder Funster

ahh,ok, lovely looking van though !

7. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster