Am I turning into Victor Meldrew? (1 Viewer)

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
One campsite I was on in Devon recently had a notice : "If you can kick it, fly it or throw it, you can't play with it here."

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
These new water blasters ( we used to have feeble little water pistols back in the day) are great. The range they can fire is amazing. However when playing with my young lads, I found I had to get an even bigger one with even longer range and 2 litre magazine,

I WANT ONE!! ::bigsmile::wink:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I think I might understand...

Kids running around a campsite making some noise when excited to be on holiday?

Bad, uncontrolled behaviour...

Sitting down in silence reading a proper book or playing chess?

Good, decent behaviour. :rofl:

JJ :cooler:

It's no fault of the kids, its the idiots who bring them along who should be getting the blame. Yesterday on the Chirk CC site, a young boy propelled a large stone through the side window of a new caravan. I saw it happen. The kid scarpered away, and hid in his own van. I told the owner of the damaged van where, whom and hiding place. The kids dad denied all knowledge, said his 'little angel' had been out with him, just returned, had never left his side! Every kid chucks stones. Not many parents give them a damned good thrashing when the stone throwing deed backfires.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
It's no fault of the kids, its the idiots who bring them along who should be getting the blame. Yesterday on the Chirk CC site, a young boy propelled a large stone through the side window of a new caravan. I saw it happen. The kid scarpered away, and hid in his own van. I told the owner of the damaged van where, whom and hiding place. The kids dad denied all knowledge, said his 'little angel' had been out with him, just returned, had never left his side! Every kid chucks stones. Not many parents give them a damned good thrashing when the stone throwing deed backfires.

Possibly because it's against the Law....:RollEyes::RollEyes:

and rightly so too...........

Reactions: JJ

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I've 3 kids myself they always had fun ....but they respected other people's right to have fun too ...They didn't play with balls near folks vans they kept noise down at reasonable level and they didn't use the toilet and shower blocks as a park

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now

Good job you had your kids years ago because if you gave them a good thrashing nowadays ,you would be locked up!
I got kids and a good SHOUT does the job , and they would not dream of chucking a stone through a window.
When I SHOUT they learn, because they don't like to see me upset, they like me happy with them, which I am.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
I,m starting to wonder about this forum . I used to be on that other one which got very abusive and thought this should be fun but either all the miserable gits have done the same or i am too sensitive .

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I,m starting to wonder about this forum . I used to be on that other one which got very abusive and thought this should be fun but either all the miserable gits have done the same or i am too sensitive .

Abuse?? Are you sure you didn't carry a post or two over from your 'other' forum?? Cant see any abuse on here. Instead of sniping from a mile or two away, make your point in the general discussion.....If you have a point, that is??

OK, back to the plot. Scenario. Little Harry has just goshed Mr's Smith's window in next door. Harry is bullet proof. He needs a good slapping, but his mum and dad are softy Walter Liberals.

Mum. "Harry, get in here right now! You have smashed poor Mrs Smith's window. Get up to your room at once".
Harry. "Go suck, you fat cow".
Mum. "How dare you speak to me like that. Your dad will be very annoyed when he comes home".
Harry. "Home? Big deal. What's he goin to do to me, useless git."

Mum grabs Harry's arm, in a very liberal way, so as to direct him to his room. Harry bites her, then kicks her.

And so now, lets have a solution. Mine would be one of two. Smack his earholes till they glow, or phone social services and get the little sod put into care, rapid.
No discipline, no life. (y)(y)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Abuse?? Are you sure you didn't carry a post or two over from your 'other' forum?? Cant see any abuse on here. Instead of sniping from a mile or two away, make your point in the general discussion.....If you have a point, that is??

OK, back to the plot. Scenario. Little Harry has just goshed Mr's Smith's window in next door. Harry is bullet proof. He needs a good slapping, but his mum and dad are softy Walter Liberals.

Mum. "Harry, get in here right now! You have smashed poor Mrs Smith's window. Get up to your room at once".
Harry. "Go suck, you fat cow".
Mum. "How dare you speak to me like that. Your dad will be very annoyed when he comes home".
Harry. "Home? Big deal. What's he goin to do to me, useless git."

Mum grabs Harry's arm, in a very liberal way, so as to direct him to his room. Harry bites her, then kicks her.

And so now, lets have a solution. Mine would be one of two. Smack his earholes till they glow, or phone social services and get the little sod put into care, rapid.
No discipline, no life. (y)(y)

Interesting scenario........ even more interesting your solutions.....

1. He needs a good slapping.
2. Smack his earholes till they glow.
3. Phone social services and get the little sod put into care.

and from your earlier post....

4. Give them a damned good thrashing....

That all sounds a bit Oliver Twist to me..... but it's now 2014.

I have 3 grown up girls, in their twenties. I have 2 boys age 11 and 5.... and I will be a Grandad soon.

So I know a wee bit about parenthood. I managed 83 years (all added together) of parenting without resorting to any of your violent solutions. I am not a weak willed tree hugging wooly "Walter Liberal". Far from it, and my children have never smashed a window or bitten me. So are you talking from experience or just an overexcited imagination, or hopefully it's just a bit of "fishing".

If I was to see anyone try 1, 2 or 4 I would arrest them myself and call the Police. I don't find adults choosing to inflict violence on young children attractive, actually it's repulsive........

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Interesting scenario........ even more interesting your solutions.....

1. He needs a good slapping.
2. Smack his earholes till they glow.
3. Phone social services and get the little sod put into care.

and from your earlier post....

4. Give them a damned good thrashing....

That all sounds a bit Oliver Twist to me..... but it's now 2014.

I have 3 grown up girls, in their twenties. I have 2 boys age 11 and 5.... and I will be a Grandad soon.

So I know a wee bit about parenthood. I managed 83 years (all added together) of parenting without resorting to any of your violent solutions. I am not a weak willed tree hugging wooly "Walter Liberal". Far from it, and my children have never smashed a window or bitten me. So are you talking from experience or just an overexcited imagination, or hopefully it's just a bit of "fishing".

If I was to see anyone try 1, 2 or 4 I would arrest them myself and call the Police. I don't find adults choosing to inflict violence on young children attractive, actually it's repulsive........

Now your the one making the funny jokes.....Yes?

Seeing we are into 'true confessions', I have two sons, both in their 40s. One is ex Royal Signals, one is Ex 2 Para. I also have six grandchildren, the eldest one is now 22, and an NCO in the Royal Marines. My only grand daughter is a Aero Tech in REME. Both my sons got a smack when they deserved it. Normally, I just had to look at them, but if they got really naughty, then a whack would be right in order. Neither has been in any trouble with the police. The eldest has the GSM, and the Gulf War Medal. The youngest a GSM.
And so, yes, I did administer 1 & 2, and proudly so. The number you need is 999. A man wearing a big hat will come to see you in about three weeks, if your very lucky. Give him my name. (y)(y)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Greetings,

Would that be the small one run by a Fireman, (or the other two large ones)
Sorry, just seen your post. Yes Colin ( fireman) and can't remember his wife's name. I stored my motorhome there for a month and they were so helpful.
Site looks lovely, really nice green areas.

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008

Cant see where i mentioned abuse on THIS forum just that i find a lot of views expressed on threads like this outdated and usually not welcomed in this changing world . Personally i have never had problems dealing child/teenage difficulties probably because i have taken the time to talk and interact whenever i can . Having started and run youth clubs , been on school associations , owned post offices , coached football , and currently coaching and playing with young lawn bowlers ( yes we have the odd problem with dress and etiquette on the green between the young and old but we get through it and they come out the other side much nicer individuals )
So what do you do ?

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Personally i have never had problems dealing child/teenage difficulties probably because i have taken the time to talk and interact whenever i can
Personally, I have had problems dealing with child/teenage difficulties, as they were frequently engaged in pelting me with rocks, bottles and petrol bombs. I couldn't really take the time to talk and interact with them in the circumstances, but I apologise to you for failing to try. :hi:

So what do you do ?
Well, apart with offering those like yourself the wisdom of my years....:rofl:, I help to run a Veterans website, trying to bring a little bit of soul back into those who were badly wounded, injured, and crippled by the likes of your young lawn bowlers, and remembering all those who died so that you and yours could sleep peacefully each night.
So what do you do?:winky:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
How "my young lawn bowlers badly wounded , injured and crippled your veterans astounds me" If this is not ridiculous i cant think of a worse analogy . You are obviously used to having the last word so enjoy your success as i will stick to technical matters in future

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
How "my young lawn bowlers badly wounded , injured and crippled your veterans astounds me" If this is not ridiculous i cant think of a worse analogy . You are obviously used to having the last word so enjoy your success as i will stick to technical matters in future

Hmmmmmm........I did say 'by the likes', however, you must have missed my 'backhand draw' with your 'bias'. However, don't let my 'blocker' make you feel so bad, and administer 'the hammer', do carry on. You have all the attributes needed to 'promote a bowl' in friendly conversation.
You can have the last word any time my friend, but it will cost you a ream of tech info. (y););)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back