Am I the only one with a Majestic MH? (1 Viewer)

Jamwitt

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2012
Chandlersford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
4yrs
I had a majestic 140 had a few problems sorted out by marquis and was pleased with it ,there are better now with the different construction methods ,may be its not a hymer /cathargo but it was ok for us and over half the price so enjoy

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I know it was a silly comparison but the point I was trying to make is that longevity of the company and the number of units sold isn't necessarily an indicator of quality.

How very true !
Me ? I would have pointed at Swift !! ( and yes.. I appreciate there are many many folk out there who are very happy with their Swift.. But there is a large pool ( get it ? see what I did there ? LOL !!!! ) of people who have suffered with the marque

OP
OP
D

David&Barbara

Free Member
Oct 11, 2015
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Lo Profile
Exp
We are newbies
I had a majestic 140 had a few problems sorted out by marquis and was pleased with it ,there are better now with the different construction methods ,may be its not a hymer /cathargo but it was ok for us and over half the price so enjoy
So it appears there are a few out there and on the whole they are liked.
Thank you for your input
Cheers
David&Barbara

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I brought a new Elddis 155 in October 2013 (our first MH), we did have a lot of issues BUT these were made a thousand times worse by the dealer being pretty much incompetent. If we had the dealer support i am sure we would still have it today, unfortunately we sold ours only to buy another British make which was nearly twice the price but still with a shed load of issues.

My point being that if we had the backing from the dealer i am sure we would still have it regardless as it was still a significant invenstment, as long as yours backs you in times of trouble and dont give you the run around then you will be fine. I expect a few issues but it is how they are sorted that is the important part for us. Less stress the better but buying a MH at the double the price is also not without a LOT of issues so more isnt always best.

Happy motorhoming, i am sure you will enjoy it and take it as you find as only you will be able to say if you have a good one or not.

all the best.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our first Motorhome was an Elddis Autoquest, many years ago. We bought new and had no significant problems.

On this Forum you will find many who also "rubbish" Swift Motorhomes, as well as Elddis/Marquis.

We have now had four Swifts. The only one we have had a problem with was a secondhand Sundance which was one of a batch that suffered from rotting floor panels. That was put right, immediately , by the dealer. We had no other problems with it.

We bought a brand new Esprit this March and have now covered 8,000 miles in it. We had a few niggles, nothing that caused us any problems, and they have now been rectified. One man's niggle is another's major problem.

As you can see, as this is our fourth Swift we are very happy with their products, (the Sundance problem aside). Nevertheless some on the forum will say that they will never buy Swift. Likewise I would never pay £60,000+ for a Motorhome which will also, inevitably, have some problems.

Some members will only buy secondhand so that any incipient problems have already been resolved.

Motor homing is as much a choice as anything else in life. If we all liked the same thing there would only be room for one manufacturer in this world.

Cheap and cheerful, middle of the road, top end luxury; you buy what you want, at the price you decide is right.

Then you go out and enjoy it!

Good luck.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have been reading this with interest, as I am also new to motorhoming, and as chance should have it I have an Elddis 175 prestige, I live down the road to nicknic (well about 20 minutes away).

Anyway's, I have had some minor probs that have been sorted out, only one issue left, that is the nearside mirror that is bonded is becoming unbonded. This is not an Elddis issue, but a Pergeot fitted part, and I have now returned the MH to my nearest Pergeot dealer twice, the first time I left it with them for an hour, on my return I was informed they had received a incorrect one. That was eight weeks back, I had a phone call this week to say part (mirror) is now in stock, so I returned yesterday and asked if they would compare the new with the old to be sure. So I sat down and started to read Game of Thrones (as one does), and soon after they come and said very sorry and all that, but they have not the mirror in stock, it was a mistake...

Okay, the van is great, her indoors loves it, minimal issues which is only to be expected (I used to be in the service industry repairing domestic appliances, so I know from personal experience how these things can happen and issues with new appliances).

You should have your new van by the time you read this!, and have driven it here there and anywhere:).

Have fun and enjoy, sounds like you will anyway.

Flook

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
I think @maison is spot on.
The majority of motorhomes bought in the UK are made in the UK. The majority of them come from the big manufacturers - Elddis, Swift etc. It is therefore inevitable that on UK forums, you're going to hear much more about problems with those vans than with non-UK made vans.
Most of the older vans I see driving around in Fife are UK made ones. Just today I saw 2 Elddis and 1 Autotrail, all of them 15 years old or more (the Autotrail was 22 going by the reg.). They all looked in great nick.
And of course, most people, me included, are never going to go into print saying "bought a new van, no problems with it". Why would you?

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I like the comments about the chocolate biscuits. I would describe our van as handsome, rather than majestic, but the beauty of owning an MH is that it doesn't matter what sort of van you own, it's the lifestyle that makes this a perfect community.

milsh

Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Autoquest
Exp
We have just bought our first motorhome, its a Marquis 175 and is currently being built at the Consett factory. Were due to pick it up around the 7th April. We dont know a great deal about motorhomes, but the layout of this one with its openness and huge bathroom won us over despite the slight inconvenience of having to make up the bed at night.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Milsh, you won't be dissapointed, I have the Elddis 175 and we both love it.

Enjoy it when you get it.

Flook

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
No issues with our 2010 Autoquest 145 & judging by the comprehensive, immaculate service / maintenance provenance that came with it - there never have been ( yet ) :)

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
milsh, We have also ordered a 175, not from Marquis but from TVMH up the road, ours has a due date of 10th April. Not our first MH we had an 09 Elddis Sunstyle 120 from new, a few teething troubles with it but nothing serious hence we are going to try our luck with another Elddis, bit bigger, few more mod cons, can't beat the layout or the price. Looked at the 155 but the tiny bathroom put us off !
Let us know how you get on with your new purchase.

BravoTwoZero

Free Member
Feb 20, 2016
Herts
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We bought a Majestic 115 last year and overall are very pleased. In common with others a few teething issues and the finish in one or two areas could be better. I would recommend checking how well the insulation has been secured on the water tanks for one.

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
We have a Marquis 175 (2013). It's very spacious and airy, it has a big end bathroom with large wardrobe. We love the layout. Could do with more outside storage but apart from that we are very pleased with it.

milsh

Free Member
Feb 29, 2016
Sunderland
Funster No
MH
Autoquest
Exp
Cheers folks, After what seems like an eternal long wait we got a surprise call from Marquis Durham this morning. "Millie the motorhome" has arrived from the factory at long last. So we hurried down to give her the once over and make sure everything was ok. We didn't notice anything wrong with her at all so were chuffed to bits. Its still got to have the towbar, solar panel, & gaslow system installed and get PDI'ed so were looking at a week friday to pick her up propper and have a full handover/briefing on how she all works... Its going to be a long 12 dayso_O

Attachments

• 2016-04-03 14.28.10.jpg
    2016-04-03 14.28.10.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 8

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back