am I the only one still at home this weekend (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
very envious of all the posts from all over, some albeit on way back from sunny Spain and further, I would swap for a wet Scotland

sat watching a repeat of QofS, got family commitments this weekend and next, MH parked, deeply envious :cry:

Is anybody else not away? or is it really only me?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We are at home as well in the cold and windy Borders.

We've spoken to the previous owner of the MH we were interested in and are no longer interested in that particular van.....

Last edited:

RobGriff

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
TONYPANDY Rhondda Wales
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker LB
Exp
Since 2009
we're at home

No we are at home in Wales waiting for next weekend and off too newark can't wait :Smile::Smile::Smile::roflmto::roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
no you're not.

Tomorrow I am going to dads grave as it would have been his 88th birthday and then later in the afternoon we are all going to see Need for Speed as its Robert's friends birthday and we are paying for this as a treat for him

So a bit of sadness and a bit of fun for me tomorrow

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
no you're not.

Tomorrow I am going to dads grave as it would have been his 88th birthday and then later in the afternoon we are all going to see Need for Speed as its Robert's friends birthday and we are paying for this as a treat for him

So a bit of sadness and a bit of fun for me tomorrow

I always struggle with 'liking' a sad comment, but it sounds like you have got a good balance this weekend, I like that :hug:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I'm at home too......got a new estate agent coming round on Monday so weekend will be spent tidying up the garden. That's as long as this dry weather holds out.
I just hope this estate agent s better than the last as they have been worse than useless.
Going to Belgium next month crossing all booked.:Smile:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We're home too. Just signed the contract to sell our house and booked to go across the channel for a couple of weeks on 22nd.
Brittany, then Vendee.
Probably. Depends on the weather.
Allan

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We're home too. Just signed the contract to sell our house and booked to go across the channel for a couple of weeks on 22nd.
Brittany, then Vendee.
Probably. Depends on the weather.
Allan

great news on the house, but you are nearly s bad as all those already away

only a week till you are gone too

have fun

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
I'm at home too......got a new estate agent coming round on Monday so weekend will be spent tidying up the garden. That's as long as this dry weather holds out.
I just hope this estate agent s better than the last as they have been worse than useless.
Going to Belgium next month crossing all booked.:Smile:

Snap. We also have an estate agent coming round to give us a valuation.
Certainly won't be enough to retire on but may help to relocate to the coast.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Home as well here, going to Newark next week, then Norfolk at the end of the month.:thumb::thumb:

Aug 6, 2011
Chester-le-Street, UK
Funster No
MH
Malibu 640 GtRb
Exp
since 2011
We are keeping you company too, having just assisted the son with a house move and changed the locks in case he changes his mind! Now planning to take the 'BUS' for a trip out.

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, hope you're holding the fort (or should that be castle) in our home town. We're spending the weekend at the 5er. :thumb:

Gill

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Home with a ladder and tin of Sadolin doing eaves and soffits. Glad we bought a bungalow!
Ready for setting off next Friday for a week in Buxton then home for Harrogate show:thumb:
Cheers
Bernie

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
*sigh*

At home too but didn't plan to be. The van has been staying on a friend's land for a few weeks waiting for the garage to pick it up and begin work to get it through the Manx roadworthiness test. It's still on a German plates and we can't take it out till this has been done.

Desperate to get out in it, last night we decided we'd pack up enough stuff for the weekend, head out this morning and spend our first weekend in it. Our friend lives out in the country and was quite happy to have us camped up there. I can't tell you how excited we were.

We've been up since 7 getting ready and packing everything except the kitchen sink. Just driven up there and guess what? No van. After 4 weeks of waiting, the garage picked it up yesterday to begin work and it's locked up in their garage.

So yes, we're at home too and just about to start unpacking all the bags. Grrrr

Another Lesley

Free Member
Jan 9, 2013
North East
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Home this weekend, just finished shampooing Doris's carpets, then filling the cupboards with a few bottles and tins and hopefully off for a week or two in a few days. :Smile:

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Home this weekend watching the rugby:thumb:

Spent 6 hours yesterday washing the outside of the Motorhome, spent 3 hours on the roof:Eeek:
Knackered today.

Aug 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki
Exp
I'm a newbie bought our first motorhome 7months ago and love it
we are at home too :cry: our mh suffering from the dreaded ducato 5th gear syndrome waiting for new parts :Sad:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we are at home too :cry: our mh suffering from the dreaded ducato 5th gear syndrome waiting for new parts :Sad:

Sorry to appear to 'like' your plight, we really need more options, hope you get sorted before the sun goes back in :thumb:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
very envious of all the posts from all over, some albeit on way back from sunny Spain and further, I would swap for a wet Scotland

sat watching a repeat of QofS, got family commitments this weekend and next, MH parked, deeply envious :cry:

Is anybody else not away? or is it really only me?

We're trying to do some gardening but a bit chilly in this

STIFF :Eeek: breeze we have in Derbyshire David.

Then it's Rugby this afternoon for one :Smile:

and Footy for the other:Sad:

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We're trying to do some gardening but a bit chilly in this

STIFF :Eeek: breeze we have in Derbyshire David.

Then it's Rugby this afternoon for one :Smile:

and Footy for the other:Sad:

Did my gardening this morning, beautifully sunny but some serious gusty breezy bits

Already inside now, watching rugby, just trying to work out some bet options, trying England to win by 38+ points, we need that to stand a chance of coming out on top. Got 5/1 just before match started, might have a chance

Just seen that F! is on during Scotland match, great timing BBC!! :Doh: bad enough we don't get all the F1 on live, why not find a better time slot, it was all over before we got up, why not mid morning??

Another rant over

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Did my gardening this morning, beautifully sunny but some serious gusty breezy bits

Already inside now, watching rugby, just trying to work out some bet options, trying England to win by 38+ points, we need that to stand a chance of coming out on top. Got 5/1 just before match started, might have a chance

Just seen that F! is on during Scotland match, great timing BBC!! :Doh: bad enough we don't get all the F1 on live, why not find a better time slot, it was all over before we got up, why not mid morning??

Another rant over

RECORDED and watched qualifiers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just a few more points England :thumb:

Last edited:

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
We are sat at home, watching rugby, far to windy to do any gardening, but have the bathroom in MH to fix. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back