Am back again and now subscribed, yippee! (1 Viewer)

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
Hiya everyone, i previously joined a couple of years ago to ask a question about transporting my powerchair behind my little renault van, still haven't got that sorted, but...what the heck..
now i'm travelling alone, which is just a little scarey for a single older woman, so hoping to meet some of you around and about and getting to contribute to threads here..

crikey, this place has grown, not really sure where to begin or where to look, so please bear with me everyone..:Blush:

must also say a very big thank you to jim for letting me in again this morning.:thumb:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Glad to see you have come back to us, we may be bigger but you will find us just as friendly, and helpful.

dug

May 28, 2011
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
ducato maxi tdi 24'
Exp
welcome back

Hiya everyone, i previously joined a couple of years ago to ask a question about transporting my powerchair behind my little renault van, still haven't got that sorted, but...what the heck..
now i'm travelling alone, which is just a little scarey for a single older woman, so hoping to meet some of you around and about and getting to contribute to threads here..

crikey, this place has grown, not really sure where to begin or where to look, so please bear with me everyone..:Blush:

must also say a very big thank you to jim for letting me in again this morning.:thumb:

From a relatively new member ,welcome back to the fun side of life.I looked up Dryad and this is what i picked "Dryads are able to shape-shift into different forms, often mimicking the appearance of Elves, appearing as unearthly, lithe and beautiful maidens."..Looking forward to meeting you LOL:ROFLMAO::winky: Dug.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
From a relatively new member ,welcome back to the fun side of life.I looked up Dryad and this is what i picked "Dryads are able to shape-shift into different forms, often mimicking the appearance of Elves, appearing as unearthly, lithe and beautiful maidens."..Looking forward to meeting you LOL:ROFLMAO::winky: Dug.

i've been a dryad for many years since i joined an iron age re-enactment group and the name kind of stuck, a dryad is actually a celtic tree spirit i understand, and a protector of travellers..
as to the lithe and beautiful bit, well......maybe once upon a time, but thank you for reminding me of my youth. :Blush:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and welcome from snowy France.

I'll also be travelling alone (well, with dogs and cats but why do anything simply when you can complicate it??) Bits will be scary but there's got to be a lot of fun too.

And it has to be better than being alone in a house!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010

I'll also be travelling alone (well, with dogs and cats but why do anything simply when you can complicate it??) Bits will be scary but there's got to be a lot of fun too.

Yes good on you both for taking up the challange and you'll always find plenty of help and support from the funsters.
Wyn

OP
OP
dryad

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp

awww, thank you for the welcome, never did think life would be uncomplicated, wouldn't it be boring if it was, and the four walls, well, i can be happy enough there but life is so much nicer with a different view and faces every morning, can't wait for the slightly warmer weather to get out and about again. :thumb:

hope you're keeping warm there in france, had quite a bit of snow there i understand..

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Now there's a familiar name, from tribal something or other, hee hee. Nice to see you back here. now why have you not sorted carrying your chair behind the van. Can I be of assistance, need a towbar or whatever. PM me with the actual problem and lets see if I can help.
there are losts of women in your agegroup travelling alone on here.

Last edited:

runrig

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi

Welcome back we,ll put the kettle on dont leave it as long next time

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Hola

Newbie meself so will just say Ello.
Met a couple of ladies travelling on their own on our travels, all really independent, more so than most couples. More power to your elbow so to speak.:coolthumb:
One of the most memorable was an elderly traveler on her own at an aires near Cognac, nr Angeuleme. A tiny Vdoubleya, packed to the hilt with her gear, she had worked in Angola and Kenya as a nurse.
It's the random meet-ups that leave you with the feeling there are some terrifically adventurous peeps out there, what a boring place this world would be without such a diversity. Safe travels until we meet. Namaste.::bigsmile:riving2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back