Always on the move

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by sharney2, May 27, 2013.

1. sharney2

sharney2 Read Only Funster

Hi all, I am sorry if I didn't make it clear in my last enquiry with reference to having to move every three days.my solar panel works very well but when I have stopped on site for more than three days it stops, and unless I move the van and give it a few miles of a run it stays that way some have said it is a safety thing, I have fitted a C Tec charger so that when I hook up to the mains it should take over and charge the leisure battery but it does not, so I am wondering is there some sort of switch or relay that stops the charging sequence after three days, and if so can it be changed
    and where is it ??.:Sad:

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi I am no leccy expert :BigGrin:MY MATE DOES ALL MINE :thumb: but I DO UNDERSTAND A LOT OF THE PRINCEPLES :BigGrin: Your solar panel should charge all the time and not stop after 3 days -how does it knows 3 days?:BigGrin:
    It could be the regulator stops the panel charge when full then sticks in the off position ?ONCE you move the battery gets a charge from engine via split relay and that may jolt the regulator into action
    the Ctec charger should work on hook up no matter what
    if it does not then it's simply not wired right :Wink: someone will be along with a more tecy info and perhaps info on how your wiring should be done rather than how you have it :Smile:
    terry

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Like Terry I'm not a qualified leccy expert but I agree that there must be some fault in the circuit somewhere.

Our solar panel simply works day in and day out keeping both leisure and starter batteries topped up as necessary :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. voyagerstan

voyagerstan Read Only Funster

as above you panel should continue to work indefinatly . sounds like regulator malfunction ,test whats going in and out with a multi meter .:Wink: