Alvor Beach, Algarve

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by bryandh, Feb 24, 2013.

1. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Sometime last year an irate member, resident in Alvor came on board and had a rant about MH'ers generally, and MHF members in particular, spoiling/defacing his view of the beach and leaving nothing behind but waste water etc.

Last year we did park on the waste ground near the beach among 20 or so other vans and I admit it was an unsightly mess. On returning this year pleased to see that the waste area has been made inaccessible to any motor vehicle and another area nearby is now a bona fide aire run, I believe, by the local authority.

The charge is a very reasonable €4.00 per night and if required EHU is available within that price but I did not enquire about the rating. There is available black/grey water dump, toilet dump and fresh water and various dumpsters.

Well done the local authority for taking positive action.

Regards, Bryan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 13
  2. makems

makems Funster Life Member

Have you got the coordinates Bryan?
    Mike

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

ASA Alvor Portimão
    Description:
    The service area for caravans and caravans located in the carpark implemented and operated by the Parish of Alvor, the daily cost is € 3.00, but to supply and discharges to either the gray waters of the tape is either free . At night from 19:00 until 9:00 in the morning the overnight stay is free, gravel floor / ground and without shade.

more info with map
    http://www.intercaravanas.com/intercaravanas/index.php?ptype=viewFullListing&reid=5093

GPS 37.124841,-8.595278

or N37 07 29, W08 35 43

Google map https://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.124841,-8.595278&num=1&t=h&z=17

4. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Hi Mike,

See info by ScotlandJim above, all you need, but I repeat the price is €4 per night, but I will check with the office as we did arrive lunchtime yesterday and a different rule may apply for daytime only.

You off the beach yet? Saw that your repairs had been done. Best wishes to all the remaining Morocco funsters. So wish we were still with you all

Regards Bryan

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. bryandh

bryandh Funster

Ok, here we go.

The on site office is only open 09:00 to 17:00 and the posted rates per day are Car = €1, autocaravanas (MH's) = €4 per day I guess applicable for whichever period, between the above hours, you are parked up. So, technically the site is free for MH's between 17:00 and 09:00 the following morning and you can drive out each a.m and back in each p.m, but ain't that a bit sneaky....... not cricket !!

However for vans such as ours staying for a few days the rate is €4 per day/night.

Incidentally, Alvor is a beautiful, small but active fishing port with a wide range of restaurants and bars to cater for all tastes, beaches to die for and idyllic footpaths to meander along on foot or on two wheels. More than a little touristy but at this time of year absolutely tranquil.... in July/August ? Who knows?

Regards Bryan (from very windswept Alvor)

• Like Like x 2