Alugas removable collar to reduce height? (RFG Q1) (1 Viewer)

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
it says is the collar removable to reduce height? On the calor gas they are welded and I have seen threads that show depending on age of cylinder they don't always fit. The alugas cylinders are 600mm - our locker is 640 internally but the door is 600. Presumably can tilt to get it in or does this contravene certain regulations?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Yes the collars are bolted on. Indeed they have been removed on mine so that they fit in the locker

John

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
it says is the collar removable to reduce height? On the calor gas they are welded and I have seen threads that show depending on age of cylinder they don't always fit. The alugas cylinders are 600mm - our locker is 640 internally but the door is 600. Presumably can tilt to get it in or does this contravene certain regulations?
Have you considered the Gasit refillables, not as light as the Alugas at 10.7kg empty but shorter so unless you are short of payload these are a shorter (and cheaper) option:

Height: 550mm height x 304mm diameter.

... at least you won't need to attack yours with a lump hammer like I did with my Gaslow bottle! ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back