Alugas - does this compare with Gaslow or MTH??????? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we have looked at all the alternatives and have found Alugas. It compares very favourably with regards to price BUT there is no 80% cut off when you are filling.

Does anyone have experience of this system and can advise me please???

Mike and Ginny

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi looking at the filler it is the same as mine.You can fill normal calor propane bottles.Make sure they are empty then 2 ltr fuel = 1kg so in my case (small) 3.9 kg just short of 8 ltr so I put 7 ltr in.You can buy the same thing from mth for £80 but when pressed they offered it for 60.You only need the adapter at £35.It is very simple to use and used as directed you cannot go wrong.If you need more info there is some on here but if you cannot find it ask and i will write it all again.There are some who think it highly dangerous because there is no 80% valve but I personaly feel simple math is better than relying on valves
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I saw these at newark but didnt take a lot of notice.

personaly i dont like the idea of calculating how much gas to put in plus the benefit of the 80% valve allows you to refill at any time regardless of how much gas you have left.:thumb:

if you arrive on site for ,say, a week and run out of gas in bottle #1 on day one:Angry: you only have one bottle for your stay or go offsite to refill.
while i would never use this much gas in a month, let alone a week, some folks do.

just my opinion. :thumb::thumb:

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
New Motorhome and Gaslow???

I think you are probably right John, plus the fact that when pressed for the size of the alugas cylinder, we found they would not fit in our gas cabinet - so that put an end to that discussion!

We have now opted for the Gaslow system and are researching exactly what we need, bearing in mind we have a 2007 Autocruise. I cant figure out whether we need a regulator as well as the one in the motorhome, or not. With it being a new motorhome it is not clear and I dont want to buy what we do not need.

I think I will have to wait until Tuesday and contact Gaslow direct.

We were supposed to be on a ferry tomorrow, but the weather changed our minds and we have postponed take off for a fortnight! We are not fair weather motorhomers, but high winds, rain and snow really put us off!!

Mike and Ginny

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi ,to anyone thinking of using this filler I would recomend a 2 bottle approch, that way = 1 full -1 empty,that way you are only ever filling an empty! = no part filling to go wrong, = simple:thumb:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back