3rd post from me - I do like to get value for my £10 :BigGrin: Our 1998 Hymer B654 has had a squeal from under the bonnet that I took to be alternator belt or similar Anyhoo, driving from North Wales, we stopped for a break and then carried on - everything seemed normal. After about an hour, I noticed that I had lost the use of my indicators. Further checks revealed that I also lost my lights, horn, radio, but blower & cigarette lighter were still functional. I stopped and the main battery was too low to turn the starter, though I did have panel lights. Overnight I charged the battery The following day it started 1st turn of the key and all electrics were back. I drove the remaining 2 hours home and everything was working fine (proving all fuses & connections) At home I turned the ignition key off & on and there was nothing no clicks, panel lights nada Under the bonnet the +ve lead had come off the battery (removed when re charging, clearly not re connected properly) So, in summary I drove 2 hours with the battery connected and it was flattened (dodgy alternator ?) I then drove upto 2 hours on alternator only and everything was ok A battery check today gave a good healthy result - but the alternator test didn't find any charge Is this just a dead/dying alternator - or something more sinister ?