Free Member
Nov 20, 2011
bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2010
We used bio liquid for the last four years, Asda cheapo but this year they don't seem to have done the job so changed back to blue, must say smells better.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
We used bio liquid for the last four years, Asda cheapo but this year they don't seem to have done the job so changed back to blue, must say smells better.
We find the Asda gear is not as good as Morrisons or Tesco i must try the Aldi stuff.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
My Sh!7e don't stink........it must be all you lot.

I agree with the regular changing though certainly in hotter climbs. I have two cassettes but I'm determined not to ever use the second one, just nice to have when touring Scotland and wilding a fair bit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Some friends who have always had motorhomes told us about this.
We use Brewers yeast tablets bought from any health food chain shop.
Brilliant !!!!
They are inexpensive to buy
light in weight
Take up very little space (can be stored in the space under the tank)
One tub does about a 80 tanks of effluent
clean to use
They don't stain everything they touch.
Friendly if you empty your cassette into a septic tank as on many farms.
Low odour
Simply add 4 tablets into your waste cassette

Just so easy
Kev

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Never heard of brewers yeast tablets before - do they mask the pong?
We've always used Tesco biological washing liquid, one capful per "load", and empty at every opportunity.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I hate the smell of blue and green so have used the bio-liquid and as it is usually me that does the cassette I don't mind the smell of the bio treated effluent. The capsules are not as good as the straight liquid (my opinion only) but the capsules are more convenient.

I also find the interior of the cassette is lovely and clean when I use the laundry liquid.

Maybe the brewers' yeast along with laundry liquid would be good????

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Terry they work well
However I have no sense of smell. lol
lol
lol
Sue does and there's no smell around the van.
I do the emptying so no sense of smell works ok there

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Gone back to the Blue.
Tried all the usual alternatives green stuff bio stuff bloody etc etc awful especially in extremely hot conditions.
The so called savings are pennies in the overall cost of using a van and the efficiency is nowhere near as good as the Blue.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Not so much the cost (although I'm not averse to saving a few pennies here and there) but I can't get on with the chemical smell of the "proper" additives. Tesco bio has a light pleasant odour - until of course the cassette NEEDS emptying!

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
SHMBO uses Channel Coco Madamasalle. Thats why Iam still working(n)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Any bio laundry tablets (one or two) plus a small spray with a dilution of this disinfectant http://www.biggreensmile.com/produc...h-eucalyptus/bdeuca1l.aspx?productid=bdeuca1l (it's very concentrated so lasts for ages) to spray around the bowl after each use so less water for flushing too so tank fills up slower (y) This little bottle is ideal & the spray is adjustable but powerful Amazon product ASIN B002G0NCZM

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
ive bought some Lidl Bio powder , but have still to try it ( just w8ing on the bottle of Blue finishing )
But anyways ive bought the powder instead of the tablets , so how much powder should i use and how often ?
also @Wombles that sanitiser looks the job :)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Maybe ypu can get a sog fitted. A DIY one will only cost around a tenner.:)
Dun ear in Narfuk tis nar need forra SOG, nor nunna thart chemikul stuff, why yaall arsk,,, cos we don poo inna MoHo loo,,, we recircalait, assa best furerliza beknownst ter man. Thisun ear parts aint known assa bredbarskat a Inglund fur nowt borr?!!!:LOL:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Dun ear in Narfuk tis nar need forra SOG, nor nunna thart chemikul stuff, why yaall arsk,,, cos we don poo inna MoHo loo,,, we recircalait, assa best furerliza beknownst ter man. Thisun ear parts aint known assa bredbarskat a Inglund fur nowt borr?!!!:LOL:
Can you repeat that in English,...better still try Scottish(y)

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
I hate the smell of blue and green so have used the bio-liquid and as it is usually me that does the cassette I don't mind the smell of the bio treated effluent. The capsules are not as good as the straight liquid (my opinion only) but the capsules are more convenient.

I also find the interior of the cassette is lovely and clean when I use the laundry liquid.

Maybe the brewers' yeast along with laundry liquid would be good????
Or would the laundry liquid kill the brewers' yeast?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

Can you repeat that in English,...better still try Scottish(y)

In Norfolk they don't need any fancy chemicals or SOG as they don't use the onboard facilities as the commodity is the most valuable plant nutrient known which why that area is the bread basket of England.

Is that basically correct????

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We'd been reading about people using Bio liquid for some time already when on return from one holiday Pete decided to utilise some of the kit we'd had free once with a bottle of traditional Thetford Blue, which we'd always used previously. The Freebie was Thetford's cassette cleaner.

OMG the amount of black crud that came out of the thing was disgusting - and it hadn't fetched it all off anyway. So we purchased a large bottle of liquid Formil Bio from Lidl before going away again. Not only did it work for the intended purpose whilst in use, it also got the remainder of the crud out.

We still use it - and it's damn good laundry detergent too! Whites come up dazzling.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The Formil bio is my choice if available, sold all over Europe too. Sometimes they only have the non-bio (which doesn't work) so have to use Tesco, Morrisons Leclerc or whatever is available. They all work.
We also use Thetford or equivilant (pink) diluted in a spray bottle to give the bowl a spray after use. It doesn't do anything but smell nice, and a bottle will last years as it can be quite a weak solution.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
In Norfolk they don't need any fancy chemicals or SOG as they don't use the onboard facilities as the commodity is the most valuable plant nutrient known which why that area is the bread basket of England.

Is that basically correct????
What - the translation or the dump location? :)

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Brewers yeast guys
is the answer to all your problems