Alternative LNB for maxview dome

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Emmenay, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Emmenay

Emmenay Read Only Funster

I have today replaced the twin lnb on my maxview dome as part of a major overhaul/damage repair.
    I have replaced it with an icecrypt professional twin lnb and it seems to have a massive improvement in sat finding compared to the original.
    The system was taking 2-3 mins to find a signal (sometimes unable to lock on at all), but now is taking 20-30 seconds with a stronger/better quality signal.
    My question to the professionals amongst us is this;
    Is the Icecrypt professional a suitable alternative, have I stumbled on a real good improvement or am I just setting myself up for a fall so to speak?

2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Spooky as I have been playing all day here in Portugal with my Mobilesat system and changing the LNB. With a 0.1db one fitted I can pull in BBC,ITV etc at around 65/75% and Sky pay channels up to 95% - with the standard LNB that came with the Mobilsat the BBC is around 50% or less and the Sky pay channels 80%. Pleased with my new LNB and will test it around Portugal and across Spain on the way home. Might be down to the fact that they fit the basic LNB because of cost.

3. Emmenay

Emmenay Read Only Funster

I will be heading home to spain in a few weeks (as I recall just around the corner to your good self) so I will be better positioned to give a report on reception.
    Fingers crossed I can get a new dome cover in time!

4. laneside

laneside Funster

John did you buy that LNB from near Pedro's if so please tell him where from as we will be down there on the 6 th January and I would not mind trying a different one

Thanks Alan

5. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

Alan, morning...... no I brought it with me, but I'm sure that Pedro can source one..

• Like Like x 1