Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
With more and more modern diesel vehicles ulilising AdBlue systems to reduce emissions, I have a money saving plan.

AdBlue contains urea, right? So does the contents of your toilet cassette!

Why not connect a pump to your cassette and inject the contents into your engine's inlet manifold? You will get cleaner emissions AND only ever need to empty your cassette when the solids build up!

Alternatively, you could just top up the AdBue tank by pouring in the contents of your cassette through a pair of your other half's tights before washing them.:)

Last edited:

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
With more and more modern diesel vehicles ulilising AdBlue systems to reduce emissions, I have a money saving plan.

AdBlue contains urea, right? So does the contents of your toilet cassette!

Why not connect a pump to your cassette and inject the contents into your engine's inlet manifold? You will get cleaner emissions AND only ever need to empty your cassette when the solids build up!

Alternatively, you could just top up the AdBue tank by pouring in the contents of your cassette through a pair of your other half's tights before washing them.:)

Sheer genius. They say all the best ideas are simple ones. Only problem as far as I can see is it takes quite a lot of adblue to fill up the tank on some engines (18 litres on a Sprinter) so I would have to drink more beer in order to produce enough 'urea'.

Paul

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Only an Ex REME "lunatic" would think of such a plan. :LOL: .
My wife doesn't wear tights, so I'll have to raid the neighbours washing !!!
Happy New Year.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
...........anyway I had already tried that, I didn't use a filter though or a pair of tights;

......you should have seen the shite that came out of the exhaust, left my grey tap open too, I was a travelling health hazard that day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Next thing you know we will all have to keep a close eye on the cassette door and make sure it is kept locked otherwise someone might literally take the p!ss !

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Next thing you know we will all have to keep a close eye on the cassette door and make sure it is kept locked otherwise someone might literally take the p!ss !

The Dutch aren't stupid! The boffins at Thetford foresaw this new technology and that's why cassette doors have had locks for several years now!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
There are too many lunatics on here !!!!
Maybe thats ONE of the reasons I love it !!!
Mitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back