LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all sounds daft but how do I alter the above.I have done it before many yrs ago but have forgotten how to alter it.::bigsmile: No idea why its altered itself no doubt I have pressed something without knowing so it would be good if someone could tell me in simple/idiot terms how to put it back please.
terry

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
If you are using Windows... and depending which version of Windows, most are similar....

Pressing Control (Ctrl) at the same time as pressing + or - will increase decrease the size of the image on the screen.

The actual resolution settings can be changed by going to "Start" - "Control Panel" - "Display" - "Adjust Resolutions".

Hope this helps.....

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Callum done it thanks :thumb: now I used to know the size that was kindest to your eyes any ideas what the size was ? ::bigsmile: While your at it do you know why my smiles have stopped working ? but if I press shift with a then delte the a the smiles work ?
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
From memory I used to go to the desktop and right click.
You then either click "screen resolution" or "properties" and this brings up the display properties where you can set the resolution plus much more.

To change the font size in my browser I hold the CTRL key down and use the scroll wheel on my mouse...

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It's also possible that your computer has a video driver/control panel built in which has its own interface for tweaking and twiddling your screen settings. It will appear as a menu option when you right-click in the middle of the screen. If so, finding and changing the 'refresh rate' to the highest available setting supported by the monitor will improve the clarity of your screen display.

You also should be aware that if your monitor is widescreen format, some resolution settings will distort your display horizontally or vertically.

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
I do a quick CTRL + mouse wheel scroll up or down if a particular site is hard to view on my web browser. OOPS just realised that has been answered. Apologies

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Right guys I am really stuffed now :Eeek:
Mebeing the clever dick decided to play ::bigsmile: rt clicked and sure enough the menu appeared so I clicked on a setting other than (I think reality) and now everthings black :Eeek: other than a few icons, not even got a blue windows line and x in the top cnr :Eeek: They must be there because I can click where it should be but cannot see it and it shuts the window.A keyboard fix may be the way to go because everything that was white/light is now black and not visible-even had to resort to tablet to post because thebox you type in is black ::bigsmile:
Terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Right guys I am really stuffed now :Eeek:
Mebeing the clever dick decided to play ::bigsmile: rt clicked and sure enough the menu appeared so I clicked on a setting other than (I think reality) and now everthings black :Eeek: other than a few icons, not even got a blue windows line and x in the top cnr :Eeek: They must be there because I can click where it should be but cannot see it and it shuts the window.A keyboard fix may be the way to go because everything that was white/light is now black and not visible-even had to resort to tablet to post because thebox you type in is black ::bigsmile:
Terry

can anyone help on this?
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
bump ?

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sounds like you may have changed the "theme" I am in linux at the moment and don't have windows emulation on this system so can't give any more exact advice than.. Try to select a different windows theme/skin.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile: how? Everything is black so cannot see anything written:winky:
Terry

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Which version of windows are you running?

Perhaps you can do a system restore in "safe Mode" on boot up....

::bigsmile:

Last edited:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
xp pro
terry

When you reboot can you see the initial start up,screen before it opens into windows?

if so try a system restore in safe mode.

1. Restart your computer, and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
2. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
3. If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
4. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
5. At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER.
6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.

::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
All is back to normal ::bigsmile:Paul came and tried reboots and all sortsof stuff then started to click in the black boxes finally got somewhere
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back