Alnwick Meet deemed a success (1 Viewer)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We are back from Alnwick after a thoroughly enjoyable weekend, although there are some funsters still remaining on site for another day :Smile:
There was a good attendance by 13 or so funsters, with some new members and first time ralliers :thumb:- just hope we haven't put them off future meets by our quiet ways :Eeek:
Thanks to all who attended and special thanks to Carl for marshalling manfully on his own & still finding time to surprise us with bacon butties on Saturday morning.
I have uploaded some pics into the rally photos section :Smile:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks to all those who made it a great weekend and thanks to Carl for stepping into the breech. :thumb:

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
alnwick meet

another great weekend with funsters old and new thanks carl you did an excellent job:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
HI i would like to thank all who attended the meet at Alnwick this weekend, we have found a nice litte site close to A1 (but with no traffic noise) 3/4 mile into town center 5 mins to a sainsburys, we had a great view of the cricket being played on Saturday and overall a good time was had buy all,
in true funsters tradition we had tourches shone at us about 11ish as the other ralley being held all wanted to tuned up in bed by 10pm !!

we had a selection of old and new mebers arrive and hopfully all had a good time i did enjoy the event even though my dearest was unable to attend as she had to work whilst we played in the sunshine of the north east.

ones again thanks to all for making my first Marshall event go off without any hickups
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Lyngary

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2011
Sudbury, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Back home after a fortnight away. Thanks to everyone at Alnwick for a very enjoyable weekend, the friendliness and humour of the north east means that the rest of the country has got to try harder. (Is Scran representative?). Thanks to Carl for his organisation. See you all soon I hope.

OP
OP
dellwood33

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
It would be difficult to class Steve (Scran) as a represenative example of a Geordie as he has personal sponsorship from Duracell ::bigsmile:

1Oll

Free Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class (German B Class!)
Exp
6+ years
Thanks from a last minute attendee!

We were in Scotland, when we had a moments Internet connection and spotted the Alnwick post on MHF. Margaret my wife has wanted to visit Alnwick for quite a while. We were not sure if we would make it on time so we just headed south east. We arrived in Alnwick just before dusk and as usual the Funsters were all sat in a large circle with glasses in hand. Parked up and collected chairs, glasses, red wine and Sambuca. The circle expanded by two!
Thanks again for your warm welcome and for those who have not attended a Funsters rally don't hesitate and book on one! Thanks again to Carl and everyone involved.
Just a word of warning, in the centre of Ainwick there is a stone archway. I have my height, weight, width, tyre pressure etc. on a printout stuck behind my sun visor. For some stupid reason I had 8 foot 6 inches in my mind, so I slowly we went through the 9 foot 3 inch arch. We had been given the wrong directions and turned around, this time I looked at my info sheet. The Amethysts height from the manual is 9 foot 1 inch, but I had fitted the Oyster Auto satellite dish, few!!! Needless to say we did a detour. My next important job is to measure the exact height.
Beware if you are in Alnwick and remeasure if you have modified your MH.
Regards Brian.

bluereiver

Free Member
Oct 10, 2008
Funster No
Many thanks to Carl for taking over the Alnwick rally and to all the funsters for their warm welcome. This was our first fun rally but is unlikely to be our last.

We had FUN

Sam, Helen & the dog

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Well dudes, we have just got back today from the Alnwick meet!!! loved it so much we spent xtra time up there. The meet was really really good, very well received. Good job done well Carl thank you. But a BIG thank you to Dick (Dellwood, my personal tour guide) for giving us our tour of Alnwick it was very informative and entertaining. And of course to our many funster friends. Those that could not make it missed a real treat!

thanks again
Andrea & Jeff
x

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Enjoyed the Alnwick meet very much - good to meet some northern funsters. :Smile:

Many thanks to Carl for marshalling, and to all the other Funsters for an entertaining time - particularly Steve (Scran) and his comedy hat routines! ::bigsmile:

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
thanks for all nice words no heres is to next year without funsters it could not be done !:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Heh Carl when your next meet?:winky: this year :winky:

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: