Almost ready for the off.

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Kirsten, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

Days of planning ! Done routes -back up routes -Aires -back up Aires; list of lists created and now all completed....notes for cat sitters who are house/ cat sitting .......food for first day done packed.. Euros gotten,passports checked x3,House cleaned so not shown up when cat sitters arrive. Phones ,cameras ready. Print out of places to go printed. Clothes ,shoes packed after checking weather- bikes ready to go on rack.Did I mention spent weekend cleaning van in and out?as well as checking fuel water windscreen stuff. Roadwork m way checking now so we know when best to set off.You may wonder where we are going- and for how long. So Sadly it is a long weekend to Amsterdam.... We are hardly the spontaneous types! We feel other Funsters may think we need Psychological help. Don't ask what we both do for a living . But hoping to set off and stop obsessing any moment now. Amsterdam City camp here we come and thanks for all helpful threads about Holland xx

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. big map

big map Funster Life Member

I would love to be that organised. Have a wonderful time.

3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Blimey I'm worn out just reading that lot.
    We're just the opposite never plan anything just book ferries and then go with the flow.
    Have a good un:)(y)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

Forestboy - I wish wish wish I could do that!! Not quite got off yet- re checking list and had to turf cat out of drop down bed- she was not on list to be packed no idea what list she was working from xx

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. GeriatricWanderer

GeriatricWanderer Funster

Back in Sarfend for a while, then back to RSA.
    I see no mention of a brolly or sou westers!
    I'm a bit south of the land of tulips but it's day 5 of rain.
    Have fun

6. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

Brolly and wet weather gear always in van.. Glastonbury becons.. you should see the lists for that!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. lorger

lorger Funster

I'd need a holiday after all that planning :)

I'm on nightshift tonight then head to Hull for the Ferry to Zeebrugge, so looking through stuff now to pack van and or plan is to head roughly in the area of Interlaken. We might get there we might not the only think on our trip that's a must is to collect our daughter on the 10 in Geneva as she finishes her Interrailing trip round Europe, to me that's a planned trip :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

'roughly in the area' ! gives me palpitations to think of that degree of spontaneity xx have fab time- As you see we are not exactly on the road yet ; last min checks and cup of coffee.

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Never met a FUNster who didn't.

Have fun, be careful which cafes you go in. Be prepared to avert your eyes in some parts.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. gus-lopez

gus-lopez Funster

I have lists of lists. Even the dog has a list (y) Then there's the lists of things to do before you can leave .:( +the list of things to be purchased/assembled that people want in the Uk. That's took 4 days on its own.lol:cry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

We haven't got a list of these cafes!!Aieee -error ? We intend to be viewing the photography exhibition,may need to make a new list when we get to the cafe scene. Really leaving now - as roads a mare apparently on route to chunnel. First time underground in van ....

12. Kirsten

Kirsten Funster

Got to Amsterdam city camp after multiple ordeals on roads/ at petrol stations ( card/ bank error took hour to sort) but this is fab place .. Parking basic but camping is in midst of really trendy bars art houses and cafes. Been over to centre on free ferry in day ; came back at 7 pm been all round this side had great meal and sat by bonfire in trendy eatery. There so much to see outside campsite - an up an coming area. Campsite q full . But riding pushbike in city centre of Amsterdam NOT good sport unless very very brave an' fearless. Walking out tomorrow

• Like Like x 3
  13. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Stayed on that site before excellent for Amsterdam
    Enjoy

14. Hotelman

Hotelman Funster

Ferry on Sunday from hull to Europoort, then northern Germany, sail to Sweden, not booked, then travel up Sweden and some where turn left into Norway, and then somehow back to Europoort .
    This is being organised !!!

P.s. Beer and boxes of wine already in the van.....this is being organised, oh yes, gin and tonics also packed, must keep swmbo happy !!

• Like Like x 2