Almost a calamity !! (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
On our way back from Brittany we and our 2 other moho friends stopped at La Clerc hypermarche
to stock up. first couple out of their van like rats out of a sinking ship or drainpipe, 2nd couple get out of theirs and wander off, us being the seniors of the group a bit slower , we get out go to the trolley park (oh bug* er ) I'd left the plastic coin for the trolley in the moho.
Turn around to go back to get the coin and see the 2nd couples moho reversing out of his parking space (thought someone might be pinching it) went up towards it only to find no one in it (panic it's traveling slowly down the slope towards the back of my moho (sh-t) leapt behind his moho to try to stop it hitting mine, stopped it 2ft away but still on downward slope so couldn't leave it (had to keep pressure on to hold it) .
Said to OH go in to the store and get them to announce over the tannoy for 2nd driver to return as he hadn't put handbrake on, (OH dear) wife doesn't do speaking french at all, off she trots.
About 5 mins passed, a very nice french couple asked to help , I explained , husband rushed into the store to speak to the staff, mean while I asked his wife to hold the moho while I get my chocks out of my garage, duly done.
Another 5 mins later my OH returned rather puffed out explained that no one at info desk spoke any english and that she would have to go to the other end of the hypermarket ( where someone could make the necassary announcement, off she trots (fall's A over T on slippery floor)gets there and tannoy rattles out loud & clear , 2nd driver name & predicament, another couple of mins my mate comes out red faced & full of apologises.
All ended up Ok

Sequel
We were back on the Isle of Wight a week , entering Morrissons car park , car in front stopped to let someone reverse out of parking space ( oh no , no one in it again!!!!) bump as it hit the car in the opposite row, no damage , just blocking way of all traffic.

What's the chance's of that happening twice !!

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Remind me never to park anywhere near you, ever again. :Eeek: As above, you are clearly jinxed or have some strange powers that release hand brakes .... Whatever it is clearly all your fault, you are the common denominator.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Blimey - were you in the same pub as me a few years ago when someone forgot to put their handbrake on?

Their car rolled into the side of mine and very nearly wrote it off. Luckily, they did the decent thing and put an announcement out in the pub to find me :)

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have taken note of Fidget's photo, and I will be steering (pun fully intended:LOL:) clear of the IOW. Having said that, I am now going ouside to check the hand break is on, and the chocks are still inplace.

Good write up Fidget, after reading the first paragraph out to her indoors, she asked "what happend next", that is a first for her to say that, and it is the first time she has spoken to me in the last five minutes:sick::ROFLMAO:

Flook:cool:

Deleted User
You weren't in Cité de Europe in March were you?

Only a van came past us slowly, with the occupants sat in the rear lounge (both occupants!!) it rolled into an Italian's moho with a satisfying crunch of fibreglass.

To be fair the "I tiddly I Tie" was very calm and collected about it all, not at all like the type cast arm waving shouty person we were expecting.

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
Only goes to show, one should not fidget with ones hand break:giggler::roflmto::roflmto:

Flook:coolest:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Better than being "T-Boned" in Morrisons car park. The "lady" driver was in too much of a hurry. All I could get out of her was "can you let me out, I need to collect child from school!!!!" MY car was a write off!!.

Pete.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back